Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New air arms break barrel rifle

New air arms break barrel rifle

Course there isn't

Why would a top UK manufacturer produce a break barrel springer to suit UK sub 12, to be the ideal field rifle and to knock the badly flawed HW99 off its perch ? A perch that is now even busier with the little HW30 becoming more popular .

Why would Air Arms fail to see the lack of quality product in this sector of the market and yet not capitalise on the opportunity ?

Well I for one have just asked them. On the Air Arms website there's a contact section under "support". Why don't you ask them too ?

There are many lovers of the 99. But I bet each and every one would rather have a rifle that was designed properly from the off.
    This size of rifle is something sadly missing from my small collection of rifles and will stay "missing" until someone makes one properly.
    B.A.S.C. member

Got an air arms break barrel right here.

Nah, quite happy with my HW99s & HW30.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I'm on about one considerably lighter than the pro elite that will produce 11 ft lbs not 22.
    B.A.S.C. member

I imagine such an AA break barrel would do very well not only in the UK,but in the States etc,too!

Baffling that one hasn't already appeared,but laurel sitting takes no thought or effort!

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I'm on about one considerably lighter than the pro elite that will produce 11 ft lbs not 22.
    I have a feeling that IF and that's a very big 'if' go back to the drawing board to design another break barrel gun it'll be at least as hefty as the HW95 and will be set to compete in that area of the market.

Air Arms won't make anything as flimsy as the HW50/99, it'll have the CD trigger and it won't be far off the Pro Elite.

I would be interested in one, but it would have to be something like the Webley longbow in size.
    I already have the Pro/elite (my favourite gun) but would love a lighter more compact carbine rifle( I am getting older).
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I would be interested in one, but it would have to be something like the Webley longbow in size.
    I already have the Pro/elite (my favourite gun) but would love a lighter more compact carbine rifle( I am getting older).
    Les..
    Exactly where I'm coming from.
    Carrying an overweight springer around is far from the top of my "to do" list now.
    B.A.S.C. member

Whats wrong with the 99 apart from the cocking arm issue which is a 5 minute job to make right and costs zero £.I know this should be done at the factory before everyone has a go but it isn,t and thats it

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Me too. Two in fact
    Dave
    (But still think AA are missing a trick not having a break.barrel about now)

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    Whats wrong with the 99 apart from the cocking arm issue which is a 5 minute job to make right and costs zero £.I know this should be done at the factory before everyone has a go but it isn,t and thats it
    Just a few things that are wrong......
    The stock with a reach to trigger that is too long
    The trigger block arrangement with the locking lugs (though common to other models) is shoddy and cheap.
    The rifle should be fit for purpose out of the box and it just ain't. Is it ???
    B.A.S.C. member

This is not meant to be a 99 thread.
    Just wanting to make the point that I wish AA would bring something out to service the sector of the market that is currently dominated by the 99.
    B.A.S.C. member

The point about Air Arms is that it is a company that likes to make a profit on what it does. After all this is the company that doesn't offer their most expensive springer (the Pro Sport) in left hand because they are of the view that demand wouldn't justify the effort.. Bear in mind the number of British airgun makers that have gone bust and you should be able to see their point. The air rifle market is already pretty crowded especially at the 'lower' price levels and honestly I don't think that there is room for another break barrel. After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Course there isn't

Why would Air Arms fail to see the lack of quality product in this sector of the market and yet not capitalise on the opportunity ?

Well I for one have just asked them. On the Air Arms website there's a contact section under "support". Why don't you ask them too ?
    Hope you receive a reply from AA. I asked them a question on the S510 over three weeks ago using the same contact facility and have had nothing back yet

Hellequin is online now I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    The point about Air Arms is that it is a company that likes to make a profit on what it does. After all this is the company that doesn't offer their most expensive springer (the Pro Sport) in left hand because they are of the view that demand wouldn't justify the effort.. Bear in mind the number of British airgun makers that have gone bust and you should be able to see their point. The air rifle market is already pretty crowded especially at the 'lower' price levels and honestly I don't think that there is room for another break barrel. After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    Probably nothing that others don't already Nick, except the ownership of a break barrel with the AA name to it... Have to say I'd like to see them do it though.

I hope you're keeping well!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd