Thread: New air arms break barrel rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I genuinely do not understand this worship of the Pro Elite. Even in FAC it is capable of only a little bit more power than the HW80 which is a better bet in virtually every way. In legal limit the PE is a great big lump and that is why it was a commercial failure and quite sensibly was withdrawn by AA.
    As I wrote before AA don't offer a break barrel because they consider that the market is well served in this segment. I know a lot of shooters on here like the 99 but quite a few don't so for them there is always the HW95. For those shooters harking back to a different age there are the lovely Webley Longbow (made in Birmingham) and the Theoben Fenman (which for me is possibly the best self contained legal limit general purpose air rifle ever made). Especially in .20.
    OK these are no longer made but there are plenty around for those of us who want one.
    Agree with most of that,HW nearly managed it with the MK1 HW85,it was almost a baby HW80.They could do with re-releasing this model without the raised scope rail & bring back the screw in trigger block.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Agree with most of that,HW nearly managed it with the MK1 HW85,it was almost a baby HW80.They could do with re-releasing this model without the raised scope rail & bring back the screw in trigger block.
    Yep that would do it for me.
    B.A.S.C. member