Thread: New air arms break barrel rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Because of the massive costs in setup and getting to market. 11 people on an internet forum somewhere isn't going to cover it.
    Spot on.

AA have a finite capacity at their factory, in both personnel and machines. What do they stop making in order to produce something that for most shooters would not justify the necessary price required to recover costs and make a worthwhile margin.
    Anschutz 1427 .22LR Nikon Buckmaster SF 4.5-14x40, A-TEC Mod, Tikka M595 222Rem, Leupold 6.5-20x40LR, Howa 1500 APC 308Win, Nikko Diamond 6-24x50 FFP, wildcat Evolution, Sauer 202 243Win, Leupold 4.5-14x50LR, wildcat Evolution.

Others can manage to provide a break barrel in there range, so why can't AA ? are they to small a manufacturer ?

people don't want to shoot gimmicks, they want consistency and accuracy so the TX 200 does everything that can be asked of a boinger and for those that want a gimmicky boinger they can shoot the pro-sport. In my educated opinion the TX will outshoot anybody and can be tuned to such a degree that it is on par with a lot of PCP rifles. If you want break barrels then go for a weirhaurch break barrel or get a gammo if you're only throwing lead away.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I don't think it was because Webley had some nice looking break barrel rifles that they went bust... I don't know the full details, but i'm sure many factors were involved, including the restrictions on selling online, the recession that happened around the same time etc etc. Lots of UK manufacturers have gone under through no real fault of their own.
    It's complicated, but basically the Omega was a great rifle by 1979 standards, only it came out in 1984. The Tomahawk and Longbow would have been world-beaters any time before about 1988, but came out in 2000 and 2002. There were other underlying issues about Webley's business that meant it was on borrowed time since at least 1970 and arguably the 1920s.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Because of the massive costs in setup and getting to market. 11 people on an internet forum somewhere isn't going to cover it.
    Yes. This.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Others can manage to provide a break barrel in there range, so why can't AA ? are they to small a manufacturer ?
    Don't see one in Daystates line up. Probably for good reason, as they struggle with their PCP's!