Thread: New air arms break barrel rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Iinteresting thread, all the different options on break barrels

When the PE was being discontinued they were going for a bargain price, but I went for the 80 I
    could have got got lucky and got a nice one and have a bit of airgun history.

Has any PE owner compared the barrel hinge setup with a Diana? Is it better,if so why.
    I got my .22 Pro/elite for £220 from Youngmans when they went out of production.
    My P/e's have both been worked on by Steve pope at v-Mach and did not require the breech shim conversion, that my Hw80 and 98 had done. It was not needed on the P/e due to being a great set up .
    The breech shims on the hw guns have room for improvement so Steve recommend,s is bigger shims.
    I can't comment on the Diana breech.
    Les..

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I got my .22 Pro/elite for £220 from Youngmans when they went out of production.
    My P/e's have both been worked on by Steve pope at v-Mach and did not require the breech shim conversion, that my Hw80 and 98 had done. It was not needed on the P/e due to being a great set up .
    The breech shims on the hw guns have room for improvement so Steve recommend,s is bigger shims.
    I can't comment on the Diana breech.
    Les..
    I not sure right now but I seem to remember the PE advertised in a old airgunworld I have for just under £200

I have been looking at the PE diagram and it looks like the shims that you mention look like two top hats that go in the barrel block holding the detent, it must be the immune to wear replaceable bushes that FPoole was talking about in post 39, but this means that although the barrel block would not wear the breech jaws would, Does anyone have any info about this as I have maintained in the past that Diana has the best breech/hinge setup but I am not familiar with the PE

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I not sure right now but I seem to remember the PE advertised in a old airgunworld I have for just under £200
    I remember the advert as well and I'm sure one of the guys who wrote in the mag also done a review of the rifle at that price saying it was the bargain of the century.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I remember the advert as well and I'm sure one of the guys who wrote in the mag also done a review of the rifle at that price saying it was the bargain of the century.

Pete
    If anybody has a copy of said article - I would love to get my hands on it (see my signature)