Thread: New air arms break barrel rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I'm on about one considerably lighter than the pro elite that will produce 11 ft lbs not 22.
    I have a feeling that IF and that's a very big 'if' go back to the drawing board to design another break barrel gun it'll be at least as hefty as the HW95 and will be set to compete in that area of the market.

Air Arms won't make anything as flimsy as the HW50/99, it'll have the CD trigger and it won't be far off the Pro Elite.

I would be interested in one, but it would have to be something like the Webley longbow in size.
    I already have the Pro/elite (my favourite gun) but would love a lighter more compact carbine rifle( I am getting older).
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I would be interested in one, but it would have to be something like the Webley longbow in size.
    I already have the Pro/elite (my favourite gun) but would love a lighter more compact carbine rifle( I am getting older).
    Les..
    Exactly where I'm coming from.
    Carrying an overweight springer around is far from the top of my "to do" list now.
    B.A.S.C. member

Whats wrong with the 99 apart from the cocking arm issue which is a 5 minute job to make right and costs zero £.I know this should be done at the factory before everyone has a go but it isn,t and thats it

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    Whats wrong with the 99 apart from the cocking arm issue which is a 5 minute job to make right and costs zero £.I know this should be done at the factory before everyone has a go but it isn,t and thats it
    Just a few things that are wrong......
    The stock with a reach to trigger that is too long
    The trigger block arrangement with the locking lugs (though common to other models) is shoddy and cheap.
    The rifle should be fit for purpose out of the box and it just ain't. Is it ???
    B.A.S.C. member

This is not meant to be a 99 thread.
    Just wanting to make the point that I wish AA would bring something out to service the sector of the market that is currently dominated by the 99.
    B.A.S.C. member

The point about Air Arms is that it is a company that likes to make a profit on what it does. After all this is the company that doesn't offer their most expensive springer (the Pro Sport) in left hand because they are of the view that demand wouldn't justify the effort.. Bear in mind the number of British airgun makers that have gone bust and you should be able to see their point. The air rifle market is already pretty crowded especially at the 'lower' price levels and honestly I don't think that there is room for another break barrel. After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    The point about Air Arms is that it is a company that likes to make a profit on what it does. After all this is the company that doesn't offer their most expensive springer (the Pro Sport) in left hand because they are of the view that demand wouldn't justify the effort.. Bear in mind the number of British airgun makers that have gone bust and you should be able to see their point. The air rifle market is already pretty crowded especially at the 'lower' price levels and honestly I don't think that there is room for another break barrel. After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    Probably nothing that others don't already Nick, except the ownership of a break barrel with the AA name to it... Have to say I'd like to see them do it though.

I hope you're keeping well!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

One with a walnut stock, ideally without the fancy pants curly wurly patterns on it!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    I agree, to bloody late to the party a real shame

absolutely bang on.

I shoot an early Fenman .177, why would you want to put a spring in it? Gasrams work just fine in these. The pellet doesn't linger too long in the barrel and all in all its pretty well behaved. The trigger on mine is a bit squidge rather than a match type. For a working field rifle it delivers.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    But why isn't it done at the factory? especially like you say that it costs nothing and and takes 5 minutes to fix.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 20-10-2017 at 04:23 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in