Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
The old saying "speculate to accumulate" comes to mind and they are showing their faces at events to help sell more, like I said at the end of the day they have staff and bills to pay and nice cars to run, so they manufacture on the safe side to make sure that all happens, if they did want to properly commit and listen to their customers then they would bring out a break barrel, a left handed Prosport, make the Prosport cocking lever out of some other material and get rid of the wanky fishscale checkering, all the gripes everyone have been moaning about for the past few years, believe me I don't want or like to complain about one of my favorite British manufacturers but like what a lot of people have said they are not fully delivering to the faithful who worship the HFT ground they walk on and I can see why people do buy HWs instead.

Pete
Pete there’s no doubt about AAs commitment. You only have to see Claire at the events talking to shooters weekend in and out to see that.
But you aren’t going to see changes that a tiny % are mentioning out of the stacks of rifles they sell every day which would affect current lines and stock which is selling just fine anyway.

When we ran the April fools Claire said her line rang off the hook for two days solid. We had something like 10,000 reactions online to it across various media. But that’s it. 10,000 likes on forums etc doesn’t translate into 10,000 sales, more like 100 at best. And 2 days leaves 363 other days in the year.

Hft and ft are big sports as far as shooting goes but compared to what the average joe shoots and buys day in and day out they aren’t.

Honda didn’t get where it was making 900cc superbikes. It got there selling millions of c50 step throughs. And in the same way race bikes are only a relative of what are used on the street you wouldn’t doubt Hondas commitment because the fire blade doesn’t exactly fit your idea of how Marc Marquezs bike should be replicated. The chequering on a stock which most ft shooters don’t use is really of no concern.

If the things weren’t selling they’d change it. Or they’d remove it. The fact that it hasn’t changed and is being sold still suggests AA are quite happy that the level of tweaking the internet wants isn’t justified. And if it was I think you’d see a 3rd party offering a choice first.