Thread: New air arms break barrel rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    Whats wrong with the 99 apart from the cocking arm issue which is a 5 minute job to make right and costs zero £.I know this should be done at the factory before everyone has a go but it isn,t and thats it
    Just a few things that are wrong......
    The stock with a reach to trigger that is too long
    The trigger block arrangement with the locking lugs (though common to other models) is shoddy and cheap.
    The rifle should be fit for purpose out of the box and it just ain't. Is it ???
    B.A.S.C. member

This is not meant to be a 99 thread.
    Just wanting to make the point that I wish AA would bring something out to service the sector of the market that is currently dominated by the 99.
    B.A.S.C. member

The point about Air Arms is that it is a company that likes to make a profit on what it does. After all this is the company that doesn't offer their most expensive springer (the Pro Sport) in left hand because they are of the view that demand wouldn't justify the effort.. Bear in mind the number of British airgun makers that have gone bust and you should be able to see their point. The air rifle market is already pretty crowded especially at the 'lower' price levels and honestly I don't think that there is room for another break barrel. After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    The point about Air Arms is that it is a company that likes to make a profit on what it does. After all this is the company that doesn't offer their most expensive springer (the Pro Sport) in left hand because they are of the view that demand wouldn't justify the effort.. Bear in mind the number of British airgun makers that have gone bust and you should be able to see their point. The air rifle market is already pretty crowded especially at the 'lower' price levels and honestly I don't think that there is room for another break barrel. After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    Probably nothing that others don't already Nick, except the ownership of a break barrel with the AA name to it... Have to say I'd like to see them do it though.

I hope you're keeping well!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

maybe AirmArms need to do a kickstarter campaign. all the people that want one then fund the project or a good portion of it .

put your money where your mouth is so to speak

My hw99s is a cracking rifle wouldnt part with it

Ooh look, another 99s (slagging) thread. Although I'm rather partial to the 'badly flawed' - really? - 99s and 30s, I'd love to see an Air Arms breaker that could match the dimensions and performance of a 99s. In your dreams, Rob - never going to happen. If it did, it would be more expensive and I prefer the Rekord trigger to the CD unit anyway...

Ya miles of the mark slagging 99s,mine is a cracking gun,cant say nowt bad about it,put it this way you show me a better rifle for £200 ;-)

Three flawed rifles that impress me are the FWB Sport, Webley Omega and HW95. Right weight, right proportions, point beautifully, but all a bit hold sensitive.
    A better built Omega with walnut and record trigger as smooth as silk. Still not sure with spring hold sensitivity its going to compete with the heavy less hold sensitive rifles as most shooters want the rifle to do the marksmanship for them; or despite lack of marksmanship still put the pellet on the bull. Don't think any springer will do that without the added weight.

My highly tuned HW95 is close, but still too light in 12ft/lbs. All my light weight rifle work within farmyard ranges but the break barrels struggle beyond 25m.

With the American market demanding more than 12 ft/lbs can't see AA doing one.

I asked the same question via their contact address some months ago and encouraged others on here to do so too. I never heard anything.

Unfortunately, although they produce a couple of great springers they have long stopped innovating. Maybe that double cylinder thing put them off.

There is so much innovation now in the airgun market, FX, Edgun, steyr etc.

Air arms behind the times

hello, i ask them many years ago at a cirencester show and game fair almost the same thing but in PCP, fell on DEAF EARS as usual and NO CALL FOR THAT TYPE, then out came the COMPATTO, what did AA do, bring out the GALAHAD,

One with a walnut stock, ideally without the fancy pants curly wurly patterns on it!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

After all what would AA offer that Walther and Weihrauch haven't already offered?
    I agree, to bloody late to the party a real shame