Thread: BSA mercury range

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA mercury range

Hi I know there are mk1 2 and 3 but what changes were they,all the part nos on chambers seem the same apart from the rear elevation nob on the open sights,were the stocks different? plus any info on these rifles would be interesting??

The main changes I believe are in the breech jaws having a screw rather than a pin and the cocking lever improvements. Also the clamp under the cylinder than guides the cocking lever was changed at Mk2 I think.

The rest is pretty much the same I think (Maxi0grip scope rails and different stocks excepted)

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    The main changes I believe are in the breech jaws having a screw rather than a pin and the cocking lever improvements. Also the clamp under the cylinder than guides the cocking lever was changed at Mk2 I think.

The rest is pretty much the same I think (Maxi0grip scope rails and different stocks excepted)
    As above really the cocking linkage went to an articulated version so thus relieving the stock of a long cocking slot and a nut and bolt was used instead of a breech pin, a slightly better trigger was employed as well although all it was was a hinged trigger to try and replicate a two stage trigger but was an improvement over the older unit, basically the later Mercs where gently morphing into the Challenger.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

mk3

its serial no is zc07008 so looking on hear its a mk3 its all piston type reading about changing the piston head n removing the buffer washer,its a 22,is it worth doing? can you reshape the std head? do I cut the stem back if so how much?

think its an s

Although no re letters on serial no mercury is in gold on the action,looked up the TR ROBB piston head dunno wether its worth the money if you can use the std piston head,thoughts guys??

Standard piston head is fine ino.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer