Thread: Walther LG55 vs LGV difference

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Ive always wondered why no other manufacturer can get near the sublime smoothness of the old LGV's. They feel like they have been tbrough the finest tuning house in existance.
    Totally agree. Over the years Ive shot a very mixed variety of spring rifles from various tuners and the standard untuned LG stands out as one of the smoothest.
    Last edited by I. J.; 18-10-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I already feel my tuned LG55 is very smooth. Very curious about the LGV now.
    I looked at the pics; it indeed looks like the LGV has thicker barrelshroud.
    ATB,
    yana

In addition to the barrel latch the LGV has a hardened steel pin that passes through the breech block to prevent wear and subsequent lateral slop.

Both LG55 & LGV could be purchased with medium or heavy barrel shrouds, they're removeable/interchangeable.

Different stock weights account for further differences in weight/balance. At least two sizes were produced, some in lead others in cast iron.

Had a look inside today. They're the same. Well almost

As far as I know the Century is still in the line up but with the synthetic stocked GT & Thumbhole Varmint.