Thread: Wanted - Front body extension for CP88 Competition

Wanted - Front body extension for CP88 Competition

Wanted, as above in silver colour, please.
    I don't need the barrel.

Good to meet you at Kempton Park and put a face to the name. I think we should have all been wearing badges with our BBS members names on as I missed a load of guys. Regarding your request it may be better to include a swap for the barrels as someone might want to convert their CP88 to the shorter version. The one with the "compensator" fitted has a longer barrel and this sticks out nearly 2 inches beyond the slide when the comp is removed. I put compensator in inverted commas as the slots are cut on the bottom edge and would not do the intended job if the pistol was real. On real firearms they are cut on the top edge to exhaust gases behind the bullet.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Good to meet you too, Baz.
    I too thought name badges might be a good idea, as I too missed a few people I would like to have met. Someone did produce some several years ago, but I'm not sure if the idea caught on.

I've now discovered the silencer adaptor on the Modified CP88 Competition has been superglued to the barrel, which rather makes my request for a front end redundant.
    I originally wanted to fit the silencer adaptor to my Black CP88 Competition, which is why I wanted a silver front end to go on the silver CP88 Competition, but as the adaptor is superglued to the barrel, I can't remove it, and I don't want to damage the pistol in trying.
    I only discovered this when I slightly over tightened the silencer on the adaptor, and when I couldn't unscrew it, realized the barrel was turning as well. I very carefully applied a few drops of super glue to the breech end of the barrel which then enabled the removal of the silencer.
    I may get another similar adaptor made, but with a slightly deeper collar to accommodate a couple of grub screws for fixing it to the barrel.