Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's only gone and bought a Gunpower!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

She's only gone and bought a Gunpower!

I only went in for a gunbag, then the Mrs saw a pocket knife she wanted, then I remembered to get some more pellets, and then...

I saw the bottom half of a rifle poking out from under a display sign at the back of the shop. What I could see was black and red, when it was beought down it was covered in a thick layer of dust and plenty of cobwebs.

Oh yes, a Gunpower Edge!

I've only ever read bad things about them, but usually by bitter and twisted traditionalists who think its too light, too red and not walnutty enough by half! I gave it to Mrs Bum who shouldered it and immediately felt comfortable in a standing stance. She has osteoarthritis and rheumatism and struggles to hold or shoot any gun standing. The fella said he'd do a deal and a price was given. Tempted? I should say so! I ummed and arghed for a bit, but then decided I would see if it was still available after the bash. It'd been there for years, it was a pretty safe bet!

Whoosh! Mr's Bums card flew past nearly removing my ear. "I'll buy it!" Being the shout. She wasn't prepared to risk losing it so bought it there and then.

I've set it up so it's a proper fit and zero'd it in. It's very consistent and exceedingly accurate, the triggers not the best, but perfectly useable, and the elastic band around the breech is perished and will need replacing.

Overall I can't see what the fuss was about, its a nice little gun.

Let the ridicule begin!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Its.....striking
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

The blue ones were much better

Only kidding, I always think there is room to ignore convention. I hope Mrs Tinbum has a fab time with it.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Awesome looking gun that one

I have just turned down an old theoben vortex baffle chamber to fit and then put a nice end plug on to finish it. It's now much, much quieter.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    if it was you i would rip the pee unmercifully but as it's your Mrs ....that's fine she can shoot what she likes

Pete
    Pete

Nice classic lines there, Tinners - ouch, I think my eyes are bleeding.....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    ...you started it buying that Stealth
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    ...you started it buying that Stealth
    Inline PCP's Jon. It's the future!

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I regret buying my Gunpower Edge. It is the worst gun I have ever owned. I spent hours making parts for it like a metal breech, properly fitting barrel bushes, spring guides etc and it is still crap. I hate looking at the bloody thing now.

Still strangely drawn to the Evanix Rex though... There is just something about inline guns........

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I regret buying my Gunpower Edge. It is the worst gun I have ever owned. I spent hours making parts for it like a metal breech, properly fitting barrel bushes, spring guides etc and it is still crap. I hate looking at the bloody thing now.

Still strangely drawn to the Evanix Rex though... There is just something about inline guns........
    Thats sad. We shot this in the garden til the light went, and I really can't find anything to fault it. Apart from baffles there's nothing it needed.
    You can have a go this weekend, I'll bring it over for the kids to shoot if you want?

I am a fan of the Stealth and once certain modifications were made (shouldn't be necessary) it shoots well. Pellet on pellet at 30 yrds with JSB .22s is good enough for me. It's a great shame that the people from Gunpower will never take a stall at shows, they always seem to be busy promoting their wares at shows abroad. If we could speak to these people it might make prospective buyers more confident in purchasing one. I think that they prefer to avoid all the disatisfied customers out there who might want to have their say.

looks good

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    So what what actually wrong with it - poor accuracy ?

Curious 'cos as a bloke who can make stuff, which you obviously can too (and far better than I, but that's not setting the bar very high), I've found just about anything can be fixed by just making parts to replace crap ones...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.