Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She's only gone and bought a Gunpower!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    So what what actually wrong with it - poor accuracy ?

Curious 'cos as a bloke who can make stuff, which you obviously can too (and far better than I, but that's not setting the bar very high), I've found just about anything can be fixed by just making parts to replace crap ones...

I agree totally.

However, it would be easier to just make a new gun from billet and bar, using a dremel and a nail file.

Got no love for them.

Brilliant concept - I think it has so very many merits - but let down on every other step of the way as soon as the ink was dry.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    I agree totally.

However, it would be easier to just make a new gun from billet and bar, using a dremel and a nail file.

Got no love for them.

Brilliant concept - I think it has so very many merits - but let down on every other step of the way as soon as the ink was dry.

As I said, every review I've read has been bad. We've only shot it at 10m, but thats all it will be shot at. It hits the mark every time with no fuss and little enough noise. Obviously it might fall apart tomorrow, but it is way better than any other Gunpower product I've owned or used.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    As I said, every review I've read has been bad. We've only shot it at 10m, but thats all it will be shot at. It hits the mark every time with no fuss and little enough noise. Obviously it might fall apart tomorrow, but it is way better than any other Gunpower product I've owned or used.
    In all honesty, I've never touched one of the Edge rifles - they are a good concept and If they have been engineered properly - they should work great.

That said - the Stealth which I was foolish enough to buy new was an enormous mistake on my behalf.

Funnily enough, you mentioned the trigger - but on my Stealth that wasn't an issue - I thought it was perfectly useable.

I wish I had the necessaries to actually build a blueprinted Stealth from scratch, tighten tolerances up, make everything to last and then a then enjoy an easy to care for durable and quite modular platform.

You could make a hamster for the Stealths by using a ratty old set of mounts, 4 x 1" Number 6 screws and a piece of 3 x2.

Better quality in line PCP's work well enough - even the S16 when it has had its 700 seals replaced and has been sorted properly.

Everything else aside - the original design still has legs - if a Stealth was made with a non ferrous barrel, it would be pretty much weatherproof.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Was it cheap? It is certainly an interesting-looking rifle, a clean take on the pellet-flinging pipe arranged in what looks like a perfect anatomical match for the you-man being standing up. But is it cutting edge newness or the PCP version of a Sten gun, just the bare basics to qualify?

Target rifles are expected to have crisp predictable triggers. Perhaps this is where it falls down, although the S200 PCPs I have tried do not seem to have great triggers either, and they are supposed to be a match rifle.

If it disappoints in the end, then a HW30S fitted with the lower-power spring would be a good replacement ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Was it cheap? It is certainly an interesting-looking rifle, a clean take on the pellet-flinging pipe arranged in what looks like a perfect anatomical match for the you-man being standing up. But is it cutting edge newness or the PCP version of a Sten gun, just the bare basics to qualify?

Target rifles are expected to have crisp predictable triggers. Perhaps this is where it falls down, although the S200 PCPs I have tried do not seem to have great triggers either, and they are supposed to be a match rifle.

If it disappoints in the end, then a HW30S fitted with the lower-power spring would be a good replacement ...
    I think it was a bargain! Its an in-line design, so very simple and efficient, the adjustability means it fits us both pretty well. The trigger has a neat little "dry fire" feature which means you can practice all you want without wasting air and risking nick-nacks on the mantlepiece. It isn't the lightest, which is a good thing in normal use and its much lighter than my prefered setting on my field springers. It is crisp and predictable, there's no creep but the blade is naff.

The over moderation of the 5ft/lb means the noise on firing is more a "tick" than anything else. Perfect for the garden.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I've got one in red. Last time I took it to the bash it was very well received.

I can hit the bell with it as well as anything else.

I like it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Sounds lovely, Nick.

Will Mrs Bum allow you to bring it to The Bash?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sounds lovely, Nick.

Will Mrs Bum allow you to bring it to The Bash?
    I expect so, if I have enough room!?

I expect so, if I have enough room!?
    Excellent!

Could I tickle Les's bell with it, please?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Excellent!

Yep, this and the Drulov Eagle will be living down that end.

Brill, thanks, Nick.

That means at least one on open sights for me, too.....guess that'll be the Slavia with your bits of Delrin loveliness in then.

It has a passing resemblance to a modern Anschutz air rifle. Nice.

Yep, this and the Drulov Eagle will be living down that end.

This isn't going to hurt is it??
    Les

Excellent!

It's never been called that before .
    Les