Thread: My first pistol experience...

My first pistol experience...

Had my first crack at pistol target shooting last night. Intriguing!

Used a club gun, PCP Steyr something. Lightest trigger known to man, I had no idea how light target triggers were I took a fair few shots to get the hang of it.

The hospitality and coaching were good and the facility seems very good for the cost of shooting and membership. Not sure yet if it's for me.

Are all small bore/target clubs so focused on the strict disciplines? What if I wanted to practice rifle shooting in casual clothes and try different postures? I'm curious to see.

Still, encouraging that I put 2/3rds of the pellets in the black at 10 m so I must have a little potential.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    "Proper" target clubs can be a bit intense. Get in too deep and you will soon be in the realms of discussing a 1mm reduction in the front section of the sole of your right shoe for optimum balance.
    I shit you not!

Maybe see if theres and more general outdoor airgun club you can go to nearby? Most will have a pistol range, and you vpcan put your own targets out if you want.
    At my local club I spend most of my time sat, shooting off a bench at reactive and paper targets. I could try FT or HFT if I wanted, but that seems too much like exercise........
    God rest ye jelly mental men

For more informal pistol shooting competitions try the umarex boys club
    http://www.umarexboysclub.co.uk