Thread: Webley Senior .177 valuation please

Webley Senior .177 valuation please

I have an early 1960’s Webley Senior in .177. Non Birmingham 4 address. It still has grooves on the grip, hence assume early 60’s manufacture. The pistol is in really good condition with around 95% original bluing. Blueing has rubbed away on some edges and very slight cardboard rust rash on right side. Brown grips with no chips at all. Shoots well with nice trigger action. Would appreciate advice on approximate value. Also have green/white tin of Webley .177 pellets.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Really need good photo's showing both sides of the pistol, to show the extent of any damage to the finish.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

There could be a sticky in collectables headed 'valuation requests'.

One essential would be that all requests should have links to decent pics showing in detail all aspects of the gun in question.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

That would put me out of it then, HAVNT a clue on putting photos up, only on Freeadds that is simple
    snarepeg.

Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    That would put me out of it then, HAVNT a clue on putting photos up, only on Freeadds that is simple
    There was some suggestion recently that we might be able to post pictures directly into threads, but in spite of me not being especially computer literate, I have had no problems registering with any of the on-line photo hosting sites to copy and paste the links,

Brian

Talking

Hi guys

Fair comments re pics, am I right in thinking that you can only post pics in the for sale section?

Happy to email some.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post
    Hi guys

Fair comments re pics, am I right in thinking that you can only post pics in the for sale section?

Happy to email some.
    Cheers
    If you email them to me, I'll post links for you.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

That's a let out for me garv, will do on my return from a warm drier climate.
    snarepeg.

From the description alone I would say £120 as a rough guide.

Hi Gavin, top man, thanks for uploading

Surprised there has not been more replies. Now that the photos are available it certainly appears to be good condition. From what I have seen, Seniors tend to fetch a higher premium than Premiers, maybe on account of the fewer examples around, and the added ribbing on the grip. Maybe not as durable with regard to the leather piston washer. I would have thought it would fetch somewhat more than £120, but not sure how much more. There are more knowledgeable folk here on bbs.

Might be worth ringing C H Weston in Brighton. They have loads of older Webleys at the moment. They would be able to give you an accurate value!!

Hello,

Your Senior looks to be in nice condition with some of the white model marking inlay remaining. The pellet tin won't add too much to the value, but I would be looking for something around the £140 mark for the pistol.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards

Brian