Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daystate

Daystate

Daystate seem to be moving away from their electronic actions and going back to mechanical actions which is a good thing

dave.

secretagentmole Guest
    I disagree, the Mk 3 .177 I had was quieter than a church mouse farting, accurate, the only problem was the typical pellets falling out of the magazine into the action problem they have never fixed...

Don't know why. Their electronic triggers are the bee's knee's. Electronics have never been cheaper to manufacturer, so this should of been the way to go on pcp's.

the mk3 and mk4 resale values are really poor i could have bought an early mk3 in mint cond. for £200 I declined they just not worth anything no one wants them I think its the cost of getting them serviced that puts folk off

dave
    Last edited by DM80; 25-10-2017 at 10:15 PM.

i have an air wolf MCT which is a fabulous rifle all round the trigger is amazing to say the least and the bolt is super slick as all it does is cycle the magazine or open the bolt to load a pellet. i have just bought the mechanical actioned griffin for HFT use in comparison price wise they are very close, the griffin bolt needs that tug to cock it but it feels smooth and positive its mechanical trigger is also a joy to use its clearly not as slick as the electronic wolf trigger but its bloody good. anyhow my point is daystate are covering the market bases pretty darn well catering for most users requirements as some users want top flight rifles but they don't want the electronics..

The electronic daystates do not really have a trigger per se. It is just an electronic switch to activate the selenoid. It could just as well be a touch pad on the side of the rilfe. Call it trigger if you wish.

A.G

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I was wondering about this also due to the last couple of guns released as there were not much in the way of electronics in them.

I do like the electronic stuff they have made, and the Pulsar is a great example along with the very successfull MK4is and Airwolf MCT, but I would have expected another version out by now - looks like we will have to wait and see, but I do like the triggers, lock time and bits like pressure, shot count read out etc.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    the mk3 and mk4 resale values are really poor i could have bought an early mk3 in mint cond. for £200 I declined they just not worth anything no one wants them I think its the cost of getting them serviced that puts folk off

dave
    No more expensive than a traditional rifle, you need to go to the right person, Daystate are not the answer, a Daystate accredited service agent is! My Mk 3 was £40 plus spares for a service at an agent! Battery pack (it was failing after many years glorious service) was under £28, so less than £70 for a de pelleted, re batteried, super stealth machine!

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    No more expensive than a traditional rifle, you need to go to the right person, Daystate are not the answer, a Daystate accredited service agent is! My Mk 3 was £40 plus spares for a service at an agent! Battery pack (it was failing after many years glorious service) was under £28, so less than £70 for a de pelleted, re batteried, super stealth machine!
    I think this is key - if you know where to go you can get a good service and a good price, but these places tend to be one man bands and not mainstream shops, al tough not always. Daystate could help themselves by being a bit more cooperative with end users by pushing the work out to their dealers, or even a fixed price service menu - that would perhaps not be the cheapest option, but you would not get scared of stories of £200+ for a service.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I think this is key - if you know where to go you can get a good service and a good price, but these places tend to be one man bands and not mainstream shops, al tough not always. Daystate could help themselves by being a bit more cooperative with end users by pushing the work out to their dealers, or even a fixed price service menu - that would perhaps not be the cheapest option, but you would not get scared of stories of £200+ for a service.

James
    Anyone who has ever attempted to get to the firing valve of a MK IV would testify to the fact that these guns were not designed as ' user servicable ' . To reset the computer one really has to have a proper manual that daystate is not willing to leave in the hands of the public. So as long as these guns work they work very well but when they need servicing or they are broken then it is a different matter. That is main reason that people prefer simple mechanical guns like AA and HW 100 and similar.
    The same is true of cars. Most of them need a super computer to get them going these days.

A.G

The Wolverine E won't be far off now I feel and I am looking forward to it. Roll on Xmas......

I have a airwolf mct and I think it's great (I'm a rapid fan boy). It does everything which it says on the tin so to speak. It's a joy to use and it puts a smile on my face so I'm happy with it. Service cost aren't too high from local daystate approved dealer too

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Before I went the Rapid route, I had a Daystate X2 running @ 28ft.lb on my F.A.C. and I truly loved it. I use to go shooting with a lad who had an F.A.C. Mk. III, and I remember on two clear occasions when he had to go back for an early bath because of trigger battery problems. Now I know you can pre-plan for such failings, but imho, that is another layer of un necessary grief I personally, could well do without, so I am with Dave aka DM80, as a supporter of the mechanical trigger option.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Before I went the Rapid route, I had a Daystate X2 running @ 28ft.lb on my F.A.C. and I truly loved it. I use to go shooting with a lad who had an F.A.C. Mk. III, and I remember on two clear occasions when he had to go back for an early bath because of trigger battery problems. Now I know you can pre-plan for such failings, but imho, that is another layer of un necessary grief I personally, could well do without, so I am with Dave aka DM80, as a supporter of the mechanical trigger option.
    The only battery problem is forgetting to charge it once a fortnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I believe that the later electronics and battery pack were much more reliable but daystate still recommend a monthly recharge even if the gun is not being used as a fail safe measure against battery drainage.

A.G

I once had an excellent MK4is which I sold due to the upcoming service charges.
    The week after I sold it I found out that Redbeck do a full service of electronic rifles for £70!
    To say I regretted selling it is an understatement.

Chris