Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA s200 magazine problem

AA s200 magazine problem

Hello ALL wise one,s finally bought a new Pcp rifle never owned one before alway,s had springer,s Being a Very much on The "Hobbit" size I got an s200 and also purchased a spare magazine. All has been well up until now. It would seem one mag does not index correctly jams up now and again also noticed a line being marked onto the magine going complete round them. I know the mag unit has an adjustment screw but before I strip rifle to adjust it (apparently it is underneath mag unit) I thought I would enquire as to wether there is another underlying problem.

re

All the screws are tight on the mag holder and it indexes ok with the other mag?

If it's the two part stock model then you can get access to the magazine adjuster screw very easily. The single piece stock types need the stock removing first.

Look at the magazine as you cycle the action; does it move when you close the bolt, either left or right? If it does, then the throw of the indexer needs to be adjusted, just turn the screw say half a turn and see what happens, you may have turned it the right way or the wrong way.

The "straight ahead" point can be rather vague and you may find that once you are set right, a quarter turn either way seems to make no difference.

The other issue can be wear in the U shaped slot that the spigot on the back of the magazine runs in. Once the plastic chassis has worn away it's a bin time but yours is a new rifle..
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

s200

yup seems ok on one of the mags and mine is the 1 piece stock.22 sporter

re

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard c. View Post
    yup seems ok on one of the mags and mine is the 1 piece stock.22 sporter
    air arms mags are normally ok,but remove the o ring on the faulty one and see if the pellets poke through ok,and look back to back against the problem one there could be a scratch or ding preventing it indexing.

mag

I Thankyou

I Thankyou
    Does that mean you have found/fixed the problem? What was the cause?

mag

no aimstraight just thanking people for there help hope to look into the problem Tuesday when I have some time to myself

no aimstraight just thanking people for there help hope to look into the problem Tuesday when I have some time to myself
    Good for you, not many folk bother to thank contributors.

Please do report back with your findings. I have a ten shot conversion yet to be fitted, so good to be aware of snags/fixes

mags

ive had a fair few now,ok there plastic n metal but they do work on not had any problems yet,had a webbley raider given to sort once that was prob the only indexing riffle that had poor casting mags.

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    ive had a fair few now,ok there plastic n metal but they do work on not had any problems yet,had a webbley raider given to sort once that was prob the only indexing riffle that had poor casting mags.
    From looking at them in isolation, and fathoming out how they index, I get the impression they will work fine provided the user treats them with care and does not ram the probe in when the mag indexing has not been properly set up (or periodically checked for alignment).

mag

Hi Aimstraight thanks for compliment manners cost nothing, Fitting the conversion is straight forward mine worked fine since July but has had a fair bit of work rabbiting and being jolted around in the "Gaitor" with the game keeper round pheasant pens after Tree rats.so could be just some tlc required shame the adjusting screw for the mag means you have to take the stock off

Hi Aimstraight thanks for compliment manners cost nothing, Fitting the conversion is straight forward mine worked fine since July but has had a fair bit of work rabbiting and being jolted around in the "Gaitor" with the game keeper round pheasant pens after Tree rats.so could be just some tlc required shame the adjusting screw for the mag means you have to take the stock off
    That was a good tip from Rich. I have the two piece stock and it had not dawned on me that it provided the advantage of accessing the adjustment screw.

Doffs cap modestly.

Maybe a hole large enough for the necessary allen key to pass through could be drilled in the one piece stock.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Doffs cap modestly.

Maybe a hole large enough for the necessary allen key to pass through could be drilled in the one piece stock.
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe something for Gerard to consider.