View Poll Results: S410 classic or S510 U/S?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • S410 Classic (full length)

5 31.25%
  • S510 ultimate sporter

11 68.75%

Thread: 6 and two 3's.... S410 or S510 U/S ?

6 and two 3's.... S410 or S510 U/S ?

Was having this chat with a mate last night as i am contemplating either an S510 ultimate sporter or an S410.

Price wise there is very little difference by the time you add a QTEC, extra mag, walnut stock to an S410.

S510
    Pro,s
    Moderator attaches directly to barrel (not so on the std S510)
    Side lever which silky smooth

Con's
    Carbine length
    Low shot count
    Heavy stock
    Pointless barrel shroud

S410
    Pro's
    No shroud
    Moderator attaches directly to barrel
    Walnut stock
    High shot count
    Full length barrel

Con's
    Poor bolt action

The standard S510 is let down (in my opinion) with a pointless baffle system and the equally pointless shroud which alone is not quiet enough to use without moderator. Then when attaching the moderator this is attached to the shroud and not the barrel. The side lever is however a dream to use!

What would you choose and why?

Had both, still got the s410. I prefer the bolt over the sidelever, and am faster cycling it.

The low shot count and the pointless (for me) stock were the nails in the coffin for the us.

Just wait for a nice 2nd hand 410 to come up and get that one.
    NO LONGER My s410

Quote Originally Posted by andy coup View Post
    Had both, still got the s410. I prefer the bolt over the sidelever, and am faster cycling it.

The low shot count and the pointless (for me) stock were the nails in the coffin for the us.

Just wait for a nice 2nd hand 410 to come up and get that one.
    Cheers.

For me the pointless bit is the shroud, and that goes for any air rifle with a shroud. The stock i don't mind either way.

Had 2 S410's and an ultimate sporter at the same time. I still have one of the 410's and can't imagine being without one I just prefer them.

I'm also considering getting an S510 and this had put me in a dilemma now !!!!

Ive got a S410 in thumbhole and a S510 US. The US is a quite a big gun, stock makes it feel chunky but it looks and handles great. V. quiet and proper carbine length with the Qtec. The side lever is good. I dont count the shroud as useless, it does contribute to overall efffect. My local RFD has loads of them in secondhand - I really dont know why. The stock really makes it for me.
    The S$10 is Ben Taylor regged has a good shot count for a carbine, its lighter but the loading isnt as slick, quiet with Qtec, but Qtec is in process of being returned due to clipping.
    The cheapest place to buy the US is Neath gunshop S.Wales, both for new and secondhand, worth checking with Dai as you are not overly far away.

The US looks beautiful. I need to clear out the loft and sell some bits to generate funds!!!!!!

forgot 510 tc

What about the510tc

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    What about the510tc
    It's probably a good thing you forgot about it. She's not a looker is she...
    I don't usually say this about AA stuff, but it's a very poor attempt to keep up with competitors who offer buddy bottles.

I bought a 110 a few weeks ago -- mine is a cracker the bolt is good much better than the side lever I get a good 90 shots --full length -- the aa silencer was a bit fiddly to line up but I shimmed it but its very quiet the pellet strike is louder --- very accurate one hole groups at 30 yrds which for me is very good the wood is ok but I have never bothered about the woody bits I would recommend a 410 to anyone