Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smk pcp any good ??

Smk pcp any good ??

So smk pcp are they any good ??.im not fan smk cheap chinese crap BUT dunno much about there pcp.anyone owned one ? what ya think.

Pretty good for the money. Accurate enough ok trigger and good power.Compact and light so suitable for a junior shooter. Not a patch on an AA S410 but less than halfthe price. even second hand
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    If you are going to the expense of buying an air-cylinder to charge a PCP, it seem to me sense to get the best quality rifle you can afford, which would be a second-hand Air Arms, BSA, Falcon or similar, rather than a new one of the SMK budget rifles. PCPs do not really wear out, the seals need replacing periodically and the inside of the reservoir needs inspection, but a second-hand quality gun should shoot as accurately as a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    If you are going to the expense of buying an air-cylinder to charge a PCP, it seem to me sense to get the best quality rifle you can afford, which would be a second-hand Air Arms, BSA, Falcon or similar, rather than a new one of the SMK budget rifles. PCPs do not really wear out, the seals need replacing periodically and the inside of the reservoir needs inspection, but a second-hand quality gun should shoot as accurately as a new one.
    Agree, a good quality second hand rifle imo beats a NEW lower quality one everytime

I got a AAs400f,to me this is a class gun,i might be interested in a cheap .22 pcp so was just wondering what smk pcp were like.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    So smk pcp are they any good ??.im not fan smk cheap chinese crap BUT dunno much about there pcp.anyone owned one ? what ya think.
    "Cheap Chinese Crap" You hit the nail bang on the head. Even the "cheap SMK pcps" are more expensive than a top quality springer, ie TX200. I reckon the best bet is to either spend the cash on a top quality springer or up the budget and get a decent pcp. Alternatively if you need some quality firewood SMK is the way to go!!
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 19-10-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    "Cheap Chinese Crap" You hit the nail bang on the head. Even the "cheap SMK pcps" are more expensive than a top quality springer, ie TX200. I reckon the best bet is to either spend to cash on a top quality springer or up the budget and get a decent pcp. Alternatively if you need some quality firewood SMK is the way to go!!
    Haha ok mate lol

secretagentmole Guest
    OK so the usual bollocks are being spouted here, yet the P10 shorty (http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....artemis-p10-15) is a much loved gun by those who have it, which is basically a bull pupped rifle!

They have an OK trigger, lightweight airtube, magazine fed, the mechanism is reliable and accurate. Shot to shot power variation is low, a lot of gun for a little money. They are also fairly quiet.

Of course the same people will keep spouting the usual rubbish, having never handled one, shot one or used one at all. You can pay the same money for a secondhand gun that may come with a lot of somebody else's problems, or a brand new gun with warranty?

i have had the SMK Artemis PP700SA pistol cracking gun for the money, accurate and powerful. would buy another if i had some land to shoot it n.

Purchased the P15 and ok the wood isn't nothing great but the rest has really impressed me , good build quality, light , accurate and very small
    Designed in the UK by smk and built under license in China ....

I bought the P10 as a junior club gun....strangly the kids love it...its consistant and does the job well...yes the finish is not top end blued but it does what it says on the tin....i now have a p15 too the sidelever cocking is a vast improvement and a smaller stock suits us well....

My sincere apologies if I have offended anyone with my comment on the SMK's. The fact of the matter is whatever you own if you rate it and enjoy it then that is the only thing that counts. I realise that SMK's have come a long way from what they were years ago and do actually produce some decent guns. Its just that having recently looked at the SMK's, Weihrauch's and Air arms etc with a view to purchasing a PCP, last weekend I tried a selection out including the SMK M22 and personally it just does not ooze quality like some of the other makes and given the fact that it is £400 I feel that it is possible to do better.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    My sincere apologies if I have offended anyone with my comment on the SMK's. The fact of the matter is whatever you own if you rate it and enjoy it then that is the only thing that counts. I realise that SMK's have come a long way from what they were years ago and do actually produce some decent guns. Its just that having recently looked at the SMK's, Weihrauch's and Air arms etc with a view to purchasing a PCP, last weekend I tried a selection out including the SMK M22 and personally it just does not ooze quality like some of the other makes and given the fact that it is £400 I feel that it is possible to do better.
    http://www.countrywaygunshop.co.uk/p...pcp-air-rifle/

You shop in the wrong places!

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/smk-m22-beech.html

This would explain why I feel the lack of value for money!!! Although this store to me always offer exceptional value for money and are helpful and knowledgeable

SMK are providing some superb value for money kit these days. Nothing at all wrong with the quality or accuracy and I would prefer a budget new gun all day long over a cheap second hand of questionable reliability. I have had a P10 and sold it to fund A Hatsan Gladius which I am very pleased with but when I saw the SMK Victory CP2 advertised (CO2 rifle/pistol combo) I purchased one. Knocks the spots of the Crosmann Ratcatcher.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk