Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smk pcp any good ??

I have to admit that at this price you cant go far wrong http://www.countrywaygunshop.co.uk/p...pcp-air-rifle/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    "Cheap Chinese Crap" You hit the nail bang on the head. Even the "cheap SMK pcps" are more expensive than a top quality springer, ie TX200. I reckon the best bet is to either spend the cash on a top quality springer or up the budget and get a decent pcp. Alternatively if you need some quality firewood SMK is the way to go!!
    I have a TX200HC MkII and a Bam B40 (Chinese TX Clone) B40 not quite as good as the TX in quality of finish but still excellent however, what is as good is accuracy and that's spot on So hardly call them crap just because Chinese
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

secretagentmole Guest

A quick summary

People base their views on hearsay, rumour and experience of air rifles from years in the past.

The problem is quality is constantly improving on the Chinese imports.

The same cannot be said of the competition, European marques are losing quality, even the mighty HW is having more Friday afternoon jobs than is physically possible looking at a calendar. But the Chinese keep upping their game.

Those old enough can remember laughing at the Japanese motorcycles when they first came into the country, no way could they be seen as a threat to the likes of AJS, BSA, Norton, Ariel, Triumph, Velocette, how many survive now? Only Norton (just restarted), Triumph (restarted a couple of decades ago) and Ariel (just restarted), oh and Brough (just restarted in France).

None survived, all killed by the flood of Japanese bikes that were cheaper, faster and better. I can see the same happening in air guns!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    People base their views on hearsay, rumour and experience of air rifles from years in the past.

The problem is quality is constantly improving on the Chinese imports.

The same cannot be said of the competition, European marques are losing quality, even the mighty HW is having more Friday afternoon jobs than is physically possible looking at a calendar. But the Chinese keep upping their game.

Those old enough can remember laughing at the Japanese motorcycles when they first came into the country, no way could they be seen as a threat to the likes of AJS, BSA, Norton, Ariel, Triumph, Velocette, how many survive now? Only Norton (just restarted), Triumph (restarted a couple of decades ago) and Ariel (just restarted), oh and Brough (just restarted in France).

None survived, all killed by the flood of Japanese bikes that were cheaper, faster and better. I can see the same happening in air guns!
    To be honest my point wasn't based on the fact that they are Chinese made but the fact that I have indeed owned an SMK a few years back and it was indeed not very good at all. Things do move on and improve with time so maybe I have judged them wrongly. And for the record I have a Japanese motorcycle!!!

secretagentmole Guest
    To be honest my point wasn't based on the fact that they are Chinese made but the fact that I have indeed owned an SMK a few years back and it was indeed not very good at all. Things do move on and improve with time so maybe I have judged them wrongly. And for the record I have a Japanese motorcycle!!!
    My first rifle was a B2, I also own a Japanese motorbike.

But do you know where the Yamaha YBR125 is made?

Have a wild guess....

Same with your Iphone, Ipod, Ipad....

what a bargain !!!!!!!!!!! SHAME I LIVE SO FAR AWAY OR I WOULD RUSH IN AND BUY ONE

my first rifle was a b2, i also own a japanese motorbike.

But do you know where the yamaha ybr125 is made?

Have a wild guess....

Same with your iphone, ipod, ipad....
    china !!!!!!!!!! And 90% of what other goods we buy, oh i had a YAMAHA 125 around 1970

I have to admit that at this price you cant go far wrong http://www.countrywaygunshop.co.uk/p...pcp-air-rifle/
    Can a scope be mounted on that gun doesnt look like it ??

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    Can a scope be mounted on that gun doesnt look like it ??
    it has a scope rail, but the photo is not to clear to show

smk

Picked up one a while backair bottle hawke scope an smk900 in .22 after welsh will had resealed very accurate at 30yds paid £120.00 for the complete kit

Countrywaygunshop, was a good place to buy my Artemis P15, Power tested in front of me, with a read out, knowledgeable staff, good price. The rifle is fine . Very low weight, side lever, compact , up to power, accurate, smooth action, outstanding value. But would I buy another one ?. Well, yes, I did !

I think most of us who own modern smk guns spend more time justifying and defending their descision for buying them than actually shooting them!!

Having previously slated the SMK in this post, having seen the price and heard everyone's responses I think I would be tempted myself. Feeling rather guilty now

Av just messaged them see if they post gun.

They will post to ya nearest firearms dealer for £25 then what ever ya nearest firearms dealer will charge,so ya looking at £50 ontop of £180 for the gun.