Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms S510

Air Arms S510

Hi chaps,

I am seriously considering an Air Arms S510 in Walnut. The price at my local gun shop is £735 which seems pretty fair. Would anyone recommend anything different for that sort of money or is the S510 a safe bet? Also quite like the Weihrauch HW100.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Hi chaps,

I am seriously considering an Air Arms S510 in Walnut. The price at my local gun shop is £735 which seems pretty fair. Would anyone recommend anything different for that sort of money or is the S510 a safe bet? Also quite like the Weihrauch HW100.
    I have one in walnut and the side lever is amazing.
    Though these are not issues these are the thinga i am less keen on.
    Shroud which is pointless
    Baffle system which is pointless as you still need a mod.
    Mod attaches to shroud nor barrel.

You are in good hands with AA and lothar walther accuracy is superb!

Hi chaps,

They are good and very accurate but by the time you add a £50.00 moderator in you are in the price bracket of a Daystate Huntsman or even an HW 100 with the laminate stock if you shopped around. I know which one I'd go for.

A.G

Thankyou. This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Although not made of money I would rather stretch the budget slightly and get the best thing that's available in that price range.

I had a pair when they first came out (.177 & .22) superb light, well balanced, hunting rifles.
    The shroud does work as a mod, of course it's not as good as a dedicated mod stuck on the end, but I struggle to believe that anyone would seriously think that it would be .

I think most modern PCP's are much of a muchness, & it's largely down to the buyers view on looks, balance & cost, the exception being Rapids which seem to have something more, maybe not a "soul" but they have "something".

I had a good look at the S510 carbine last weekend and really like the weight and how compact it is. It does also ooze quality coming from such a great manufacturer.

mike , had my 510 which I bought from new 2 years ago , I'm really pleased with it ,I use it for bench rest competiton, hft and ft, perfect for all those for me. I have used it in the field a few times with great success, I have a whisper mod on it so its very quiet, I had the cheek piece cut on it so I could have real eye placement each time, for me its perfect for what I use it for. I hope you enjoy whatever you buy.

Thankyou. This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Although not made of money I would rather stretch the budget slightly and get the best thing that's available in that price range.
    Myself i would go for the s510, I've had huntsmans and a hw100 , The sidelever i would choose over the huntsman and with the big chance of the hw100 leaking the s510 would be a more reliable gun over the hw100, Check the reviews and problems over the 3 guns, S510 would come out on top,

I think my mind is made up on the S510. Probably the Ultimate Sporter if I can save up some tokens over the next coupler of months. Cheers

I think my mind is made up on the S510. Probably the Ultimate Sporter if I can save up some tokens over the next coupler of months. Cheers
    Good choice, Don't forget the s510 tdr is available now aswell,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Good choice, Don't forget the s510 tdr is available now aswell,
    I think you are making the right choice also, i got one in 0.177 8 months ago and it is fantastic, the side loader is silky smooth,the pellet cassette is easy to load the trigger is nice but i took it apart and smoothed the contact surfaces and removed the sticky grease then lightly oiled it now it is out of this world. All in all i will not be swapping it any time soon, in fact i think i will take it with me to the grave. Do you think i like it well HELL YES !!!!.
    Graham

S510 superb .Had two and only sold because of financial reasons.The US was as accurate as my pro TARGET TACTICAL HUNTER from years back .That's saying something trust me .
    Utterly reliable too.

Excellent choice, I regret selling my 510 I really do. Ultra reliable, and accurate too

Mmmm

Thats got me thinking now !!!!!

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I had the AA510 and then px’d for a HW100 in the adjustable stock. The 100 is a better rifle. The loading mechanism is better and trigger is waaaay better

I'm definitely going to go for the S510. I've spent the day rummaging through the loft, shed etc and listing things on the naughty bay to help generate funds
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 12-12-2017 at 09:37 PM.