Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms S510

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm definitely going to go for the S510. I've spent the day rummaging through the loft, shed etc and listing things on to help generate funds
    Good choice buddy, Just to many posts regarding the hw100 with leaking and power issues,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Good choice buddy, Just to many posts regarding the hw100 with leaking and power issues,
    I am sorry but which posts regarding leaking of HW 100 are you refering to? All PCPs leak because they rely on O rings to seal air with over 200 bar of pressure. If the rifle is old or mistreated they leak. One of my S400s which was only two years old started leaking from the valve, the valave had deformed in fact and would seat properly. My Huntsman Regal had power issues so did my BSA R10 MKii ( all sorted by myself ), My S400 .22 is trouble free so far and so is my three year old HW 100 despite having been taken to bits several times and I have not changed a single O ring yet. It seems that you had a problem with your HW 100 but that does not mean every single HW 100 has leakage or power problem.
    The last post regarding power issues of an HW 100 on this forum was a while back when a chap had bought a rifle that had been messed with. It took two question to verify that the previous owner had used the regulator pressure adjustment as means of increasing power for hunting and before selling he had backed it off too much and knackered the regulator. Not exactly a design fault is it.

A.G

I think when you have a problem with a particular gun or anything come to that matter its all to easy to tar them with the same brush. I know I have and probably wrongly so if I'm honest. The problems described on here need to definitely be put into the correct context in the sense that if there is thousands of one make/model manufactured and purchased it is inevitable that there will be a percentage of them with problems be it an Air Arms, Weihrauch, Daystate etc etc. As airgunners we all know the superb quality that these aforementioned companies offer and I feel that the odd comment describing problems would fail to actually put someone off purchasing one of them. I for one certainly don't look at a post that describes a leaky Weihrauch and think to myself "i'm never going to buy another one". It is however good to be made aware of the problems people have had, especially when considering the purchase of a second hand gun because it provides an insight on what to check and look out for. Probably not such a concern when buying a new product because all will come with at least a years warranty and most dealers/manufacturers are pretty on the ball these days when it come to fixing a problem.

I was unlucky with a new 100 as the cocking mechanism failed twice, that was a few years back now, my nephew has just received his two month old 100 back as the regulator failed and when new the barrel was not tight but the rfd fixed that. Now I know people have issues with ALL makes and there are Friday afternoon rifles, but after owning plenty of AA's Ive never had any problems. Others will have their favoured brand / model etc, thats why these forums are a good place to visit

By the way, neither of those can match a rapid

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I am sorry but which posts regarding leaking of HW 100 are you refering to? All PCPs leak because they rely on O rings to seal air with over 200 bar of pressure. If the rifle is old or mistreated they leak. One of my S400s which was only two years old started leaking from the valve, the valave had deformed in fact and would seat properly. My Huntsman Regal had power issues so did my BSA R10 MKii ( all sorted by myself ), My S400 .22 is trouble free so far and so is my three year old HW 100 despite having been taken to bits several times and I have not changed a single O ring yet. It seems that you had a problem with your HW 100 but that does not mean every single HW 100 has leakage or power problem.
    The last post regarding power issues of an HW 100 on this forum was a while back when a chap had bought a rifle that had been messed with. It took two question to verify that the previous owner had used the regulator pressure adjustment as means of increasing power for hunting and before selling he had backed it off too much and knackered the regulator. Not exactly a design fault is it.

A.G
    Not all but quite a few have posts regarding problems, A much higher percentage than AA guns, Its just my advice to the above , I woukd never buy another HW100 ,

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    I was unlucky with a new 100 as the cocking mechanism failed twice, that was a few years back now, my nephew has just received his two month old 100 back as the regulator failed and when new the barrel was not tight but the rfd fixed that. Now I know people have issues with ALL makes and there are Friday afternoon rifles, but after owning plenty of AA's Ive never had any problems. Others will have their favoured brand / model etc, thats why these forums are a good place to visit

By the way, neither of those can match a rapid

Chris
    You right there bud, Not much issues with the AA rifles , And about the rapid,

Air arms ultimate sporter £820 in my local, £100 cheaper than some places.

Yes, any pcp can leak/have problems. But some more than others Enjoy your AA, fine choice