Thread: Cp2

Cp2

I have one of these in .22.

All good except I am having trouble loading the damn thing. The pellets I am using seem a tad too big and I really have to ram them home which spoils the enjoyment a bit.

I have used Crosman Match and RWS Superdomes and both are as bad as each other.

Anyone any recommendations (which do not include getting rid!).

Maybe worth doing a bit of research and finding out which pellets have the thinnest skirt on them. Possibly worth trying the rws hobby pellets. I use them in my HW45 in .22 and they are by far the easiest loading pellets for it.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Another 'thumbs up' here for the RWS Hobby.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Is this with the multi-shot mag? They are known to be tricky. The CP1 is happy enough with H&N FTT and a wide variety of others. Maybe try RWS SHP as they are quite soft?

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Is this with the multi-shot mag? They are known to be tricky. The CP1 is happy enough with H&N FTT and a wide variety of others. Maybe try RWS SHP as they are quite soft?
    It is with both the single and multi shot.

I guess I'll have to buy a selection and see.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post

I guess I'll have to buy a selection and see.
    Good idea, and if you search on the bay of eeee, you will see some sellers selling multi pellet test packs which are great for this and very cost effective (but I still reckon you'll do well with the Hobbies ). Please keep us posted. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

My solution to sorting the pellet skirt size problem on my CP2 was first forget the magazine (terrible thing) then put a selection of pellets through a sizer - 5.51 - all then fitted snugly with a slight click as the probe was pushed home.

If I had known about the useless mag I would have bought the single shot as that is what I have now!

All fired no problem.

Settled on Crosman Ultra Magnums.

Boring job but I did mine in batches after washing and lube them.

Hope this helps.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!

Problem solved.

I tried the "oversized" pellets I have in the smaller barrel - no problem they slide in firmly but easily.

I removed the rifle barrel - pellets would not fit by hand pressure.

Solution one HSS drill marginally bigger than .22 - (7/32") - a vice and a very slow speed twist just at the entrance and a couple of mm deep a quick clean up of swarf (dust really) and - Bingo - the pellets now press in firmly just like the smaller barrel.

Nice one. Job done.