Thread: Rare Czechoslovakian Z11 .177 valuation please

Rare Czechoslovakian Z11 .177 valuation please

Hi guys ,

I’m selling a few guns that I need to find room for in new house , and this was one I was keeping but want to know what value to put on it.

It is a rare Gun for sure as there’s not allot on it on the web. This is the Gun that my dad bought me and got me into shooting 30 years ago all be it this is my second that I bought from a collector friend which is in great shape with all bluing in very nice condition along with sights and adjustable trigger let off via a factory screw in trigger guard.

My other one that I’ve owned for 31 years is accurate as hell but cosmetically poor I like this example which I’d like to put a price on as I may be thinking of parting with it to make some room.

I believe it’s around late 1940’s - 1950’s but could be wrong?

I can’t uploud pictures on here at the moment as my photobucket account is not functioning since I changed phone, although I can put them up in forsake section but that wouldn’t help as I don’t want to over or under price it withought knowing.

I never thought I’d see another in my life time to be honest and I rate them extremely highly for quality and accuracy all beit there low power. I’ve won tones of first place medals and trophies with mine in the vintage open sight comps I’ve attended competing.

Any help much appreciated

Atb
    Daniel

Dump photobucket for good and use imgur which a lot of guys on here have done. Quick to setup and use.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Dump photobucket for good and use imgur which a lot of guys on here have done. Quick to setup and use.

Baz
    Or even better in the long run:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=image

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Forgot about that site even after putting on the Haenel 100 and Certus !

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I've 2 like that but mine are very much junior sized, are you saying yours is full size?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Is it similar to a Slavia 618 with alternative markings ? or something else altogether ?

If "the former", it could be well be not so sought after, and alternatively if "something else altogether" (based on the images provided), it also might also not be so sought after !

Having looked at the images provided, IMHO, neither alternative suggests a high selling price (as they appear to show an item looking suspiciously like a low quality Post War Eastern European product sold in this country from the 50's onwards at a remarkably low retail prices).

Any of the above is JMHO based on the images provided, and having viewed them as such, £60 strikes me as being a good selling price for what' on offer, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong by those making genuine offers to purchase at anything more.

Vic Thompson.

I would say it’s similar to a 618 but obviously older but not sure how much by?

I do have a 618 packed up somewhere I will have to find it.

I would say it is long like an adult rifle but obviously is very thin as these all seem to be much like a 618.

I will take a few more closer pics of sights and length and Hopefully Garvin may be able to post them here for me?

Just to clear one thing up, when I said rare I wasn’t thinking rare as worth a fortune or anything just that I’ve never seen another and I’ve owned one since the age of 5 and been shooting ever since, but bare in mind I don’t go to auctions or anything. Never seen one of these on here for sale or another site although always see 618’s and such

Thanks for any help so far

Czech rifle

Hi Dan, I've got a very similar rifle to yours. Mine is the ZV3, which my dad bought for me when I was 11 (in 1958!). It's smaller than the one you have, and if you look on www.vzduchovka.cz, you'll find loads of Czech guns. As to the monetary value, I don't think many people collect these, so it won't be high. Maybe £60 as already suggested, even though I've never seen an example of yours or mine for sale. However, to you and me, a value can't be placed on it. Hope this helps.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

The 'Z' symbol appears in the gallery in this collection of CZ rifles.

More pics of this rifle on the Czech forum here.

No problem with adding pics to this thread.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    The 'Z' symbol appears in the gallery in this collection of CZ rifles.

More pics of this rifle on the Czech forum here.

No problem with adding pics to this thread.
    Thanks garvin,

Yes this Czech site is the only picture that I have found like mine , but it’s such a shame that there is no info to read on it.

Will try take some more closer photos

Thanks
    Daniel
    Last edited by Dan944; 20-10-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan944 View Post
    Thanks garvin,

Yes this Czech site is the only picture that I have found like mine , but it’s such a shame that there is no info to read on it.

Will try take some more closer photos

Thanks
    Daniel
    I just ran a line from that website through Google translate and it said:

"The Z II is a continuation of a series of DUO II [airguns] (or, respectively, the Roman II marked ones). It was manufactured under the Zbrojovka Brno brand."

There are some DUOs featured here.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I've 2 like that but mine are very much junior sized, are you saying yours is full size?
    I measured it to be just under 46” in length , what are yours

Atb
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Hi Dan, I've got a very similar rifle to yours. Mine is the ZV3, which my dad bought for me when I was 11 (in 1958!). It's smaller than the one you have, and if you look on www.vzduchovka.cz, you'll find loads of Czech guns. As to the monetary value, I don't think many people collect these, so it won't be high. Maybe £60 as already suggested, even though I've never seen an example of yours or mine for sale. However, to you and me, a value can't be placed on it. Hope this helps.

Hi mate,

Yes your right, it’s very centemental to me and it shoots very very well that is my other one as this one has never been shot only a few pellets in the ground.

It’s such a shame there’s nothing more about this rifle maybe if I spoke understood Czech I would find more out. I think if it was that it was worth £60 I wouldn’t think about selling and would rather keep it, it’s just as you say I’ve never seen one for sale I am curious as to what it is worth.

In my opinion you just can’t beat these old guns that are well made, they have such a good character about them, and even as simple as they are they are super accurate with it too.
    Thanks
    Daniel