Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Kickers

Tyre Kickers

Hi guys, there seems to be a growing number of tyre kickers on here,
    I arranged to meet Robert 2933 yesterday at petes airgun farm to buy aNT300 nv adddon
    I turned up at 1pm for a 2-2-30 pm meeting , come 3-45 pm no sign of anybody,
    .no notifercation before hand, no pm or email today .another name to add to my ignore list!!!
    atb Brian

Fair enough, from your side.
    Equally the man could be unconscious in hospital, or had any number of other urgent issues befall him.

89/90 of his last posts seem to be nothing but sales related so you probably won't get a reply

I recall a similar sales thread in which a member was berated for not posting items. A sudden illness had landed him in hospital and he was unable to post any items.

sent you a PM.

Gumtree is the worst,ya give people ya address sit in waiting and they never turn up,i hate that with a passion,if ya dont want item do say ya do,some people eh.

A while ago I made arrangements to meet a guy at Quarry as I was interested in buying a rifle from him.

We agreed a time and a day, I confirmed the club would be open as there was a shoot elsewhere that day, all OK, I then made it very clear that I was going away for a weeks holiday, but would see him on the day agreed, all these arrangements were made by text. One week later I drove the hour and a bit to Quarry which was completely closed, so I text the guy who replied saying he thought I was not coming. I text again saying I was sat at the gate, as agreed, he text back saying I could go to see the rifle at his house, but could not shoot it, I text back saying I wanted to shoot it and could he come to the club as agreed, he said he could be there in an hour and a half, I told him I was going home.

not an airgun but a bike . i put the ad online and put a picture of the bike up and had a call saying dont sell it to any one else as i want it . so i said ok. he then asked if he could come and see and i said no . i would rather do the deal in a tesco car park incase he did not buy it and later come back and steal it ,that is fairly common here .

i wanted for an hour and he turned up after i had text him asking if he was coming . no reply . as i say he arrived on the back of a 50cc scooter . he then asked if he could ride the bike and i said not unless he gave me the full asking price in cash . he said the money is in the bank. i can go get it while i test drive the bike . i said nope . go on the scooter and get the money . he said no i want to test ride the bike first . nope i said.

he then said its ok its the wrong colour any way .the advert said it was black . erm nope it said it was blue and there is a pic on the ad .i then brought the ad up on my phone and showed him. he then said i must have got mixed up .i said i had sent him other pics via email so he knew the colour .

he then offered half the money for a test ride and i said no. your wasting my time and got on the bike and left .

he kept texting me and offering more money . seems strange that the bike was not what he wanted one minute but then it was what he wanted.

HI Paul I have had no reply or nothing from this guy , if I was supposed to be meeting
    someone and could not make it, I would let them know one way or another but that's me I was brought up
    to be polite on such matters.
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    HI Paul I have had no reply or nothing from this guy , if I was supposed to be meeting
    someone and could not make it, I would let them know one way or another but that's me I was brought up
    to be polite on such matters.
    atb brian
    that is the bad part brian . you go out of your way to meet and they have no contact . i understand he could be in hospital or indisposed in another way or just decided he can't afford it and did not want to say . if the latter then that is bad form.

if it was any other thing like a puncture or broke down then he would have been better to say he could not make it .

i was had a sale where the guy failed to meet me . it was the same bike above . and i sold it to some one else . he then said he was waiting on his money clearing . i said if he had contacted me to say that then i would have kept it . but no contact for a week is not good in my eyes . the worst part is that he lived 5 mins from my house and knew my address . he would be round all the time coming to see the bike as he knew i would be selling it once i passed my full bike test and i had the 650cc in the shed waiting for that day.

he came round saying he saw the bike with another rider on it earlier and asked if it was still for sale . i said you had no contact for a week so its sold and on its way to peterhead . he started shouting i was a bad seller and i had sold it from under him.

tough poop . no contact unless its due to a genuine reason even when i tried to get a hold of him means your not interested any more in my eyes .

i have lost sales before due to this hence why i sold it after he did not show up with the readies .

as i said in the PM. i thought you were the one buying sorry. good luck with the sale.
    paul

push my buttons

HI, I have been pritty lucky on most forums and you do get the odd one that chang there mind but thats up to them and when i sell anything i like the people to be happy, But the worst place to advertise anything is freeads you allways get someone offering you half the price that does seem to push my buttons lol, ATB bob

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    not an airgun but a bike . i put the ad online and put a picture of the bike up and had a call saying dont sell it to any one else as i want it . so i said ok. he then asked if he could come and see and i said no . i would rather do the deal in a tesco car park incase he did not buy it and later come back and steal it ,that is fairly common here .

i wanted for an hour and he turned up after i had text him asking if he was coming . no reply . as i say he arrived on the back of a 50cc scooter . he then asked if he could ride the bike and i said not unless he gave me the full asking price in cash . he said the money is in the bank. i can go get it while i test drive the bike . i said nope . go on the scooter and get the money . he said no i want to test ride the bike first . nope i said.

he then said its ok its the wrong colour any way .the advert said it was black . erm nope it said it was blue and there is a pic on the ad .i then brought the ad up on my phone and showed him. he then said i must have got mixed up .i said i had sent him other pics via email so he knew the colour .

he then offered half the money for a test ride and i said no. your wasting my time and got on the bike and left .

he kept texting me and offering more money . seems strange that the bike was not what he wanted one minute but then it was what he wanted.
    He was probably trying to steal your bike.

Or was just a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    He was probably trying to steal your bike.

Or was just a dick.
    yep. they tried to follow me home but i went onto the dual carriageway and got up to 60mph and then onto country roads for a mile or so. i lost them easy.

i then went onto facebook to the bikers scam page for aberdeen and saw a report for a stolen scooter they had did the same that they tried to do it me . the same one they turned up on . i reported it to the police and reported that they tried the same with me . the scooter was stolen that day and not long before they tried it with me .

with the scooter guy the supposed buyer gave him his Iphone to hold as security but it turn out the Iphone had been stolen also and barred by the network.

when i first moved here i was working in aberdeen and i stopped at lights . an other bike pulled up beside me and he asked how long i had it and then said has it been stolen yet? i said no and he said it will be soon and rode off .

a month later it was parked up outside the site i was working on and some tried to steal it . they were caught by another worker that knew me . they had tried to hotwire it . a few weeks after that security at the hospital was standing near my bike and i asked what was going on. he said some one was caught on cctv trying to cut the chain . they ran off when they saw the security guy . i reported both incidents to the police . nothing could be done .

2 months later and the bike was stolen from outside my house . i had only left it ten mins on a busy main road . it as never found .

3 year later and same again but a 650cc CCM 644 this time . it was found with two 14 year old s pushing up a path . police could do nothing as they said they found it in the street even thought they were covered in mud and so was the bike .

i had been followed home a few times that i knew off so i would go different way home . i even went off road a few time to shake them off

yes i had an alarm on the CCM but it was a pager alarm that had a silent alarm on the bike and a vibration alert on the pager bit but as the keys were in the kitchen i never heard it . and i did not put it on silent. the button to put on silent just needed pressed for a few seconds to turn the alarm to silent . only the indicators would flash in that state . lesson learned ,don't but that type of alarm again.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    I sympathize with you brian747 it can be very frustrating. I held a scope on here for someone a short while ago and they never had the courtesy to get back to me after saying they wanted it, as a result I missed selling it to someone else and to make matters worse I lowered the price for the guy as well. The guy has not been on the BBS since but has been frequenting another forum on a regular basis.

You don't mind at all when people change their mind or cannot make a meet up but all you expect is a bit of honesty and courtesy. Luckily this experience is very much the exception and without doubt there are some top draw guys on this fine forum.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Sometimes you just can't win. I arranged to meet up with a guy last week for some gear. About half an hour later I emailed him to tell him I'd changed my mind and that I wouldn't be coming. Just being polite. I got an email of abuse calling me a time waster!

Quote Originally Posted by danbow View Post
    Sometimes you just can't win. I arranged to meet up with a guy last week for some gear. About half an hour later I emailed him to tell him I'd changed my mind and that I wouldn't be coming. Just being polite. I got an email of abuse calling me a time waster!
    Well to be fair, you were Think about it & decide BEFORE you contact the seller

I've put half a dozen items on freecycle, so being given away & still people will say they want it & then fail to turn up, or they expect it to be delivered