Thread: Walter LPM1 question

Walther LPM1 question

I'm looking for someone to reseal and service my Walther LPM1. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by sulns; 21-10-2017 at 08:21 AM.

I am in the same position myself. Cannot find any one to re seal my LPM-1

Protek Supplies in Bognor have valve, breech and probe seals available, if these items will cure the problem and you have the skills to dismantle the pistol yourself. Probe and breech would probably be straight forward, but don't know how difficult it would be to fit a new valve seal, as I don't have any strip down instructions.

I contacted Chris Lacey of Lacey's Shooting supplies a while ago who told me that Walther had stopped making any parts for the LPM-1.

While the afore mentioned seals are available, I have not been able to locate a piston seal anywhere.
    If you could get the parts necessary, probably someone like Wonky Donkey ( Dave Price ) would be worth contacting to see if he is taking on any work at present. DM80 could be worth contacting as well.
    Good luck anyway, if I happen across a solution, I shall let you know

You could try Lawrie Amatruda who makes his own custom seals for a whole range of air pistols.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for the responses. I've followed pretty much the same route! I don't think wonky donky is taking on any new work but will look into the other suggestions and let you know if I have any luck. There is an excellent exploded diagram and parts list for the LPM1 on the Carl Walther website but I haven't found any explicit disassembly intstructions so far.

I did speak to Lawrie about ten days ago.
    He said he did not want to work on match SSP's such as the LPM-1 or the giss system Orginal/Diana's, which is fair enough. He does great work on other types. Had a Crosman, Daisy and a challenger Arms Plainsman Pneumatic fettled buy him a few years ago.
    The latter now immortalised by Jimmy Dee, to whom I sold it.