Thread: Err2...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A new battery usually helps but even a brand new battery can still give poor performance in cold weather.
    Err 2 is as stated before the second sensor not seeing the projectile, first check alignment, second clean the lens! I have found lead dust settling makes the sensors rather less sensitive no matter what light or battery condition.
    I only ever bother with my Chrony when I need a downrange velocity to assess BC of a pellet, it can be a royal pain to get a reading when shooting from a distance even with a rested gun carefully sighted against a target behind the Chrony.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Well, I cleaned the sensors, shook it a bit, tried every 9v battery in the house - twice - then once I was totally mixed up over which batteries were old vs new - the bloody thing started working on it's own accord!

[] AL [] - [] AL [] - [] AL [] -

Stupid thing has put me literally hours behind schedule.

Now it's after 8pm and I have gun spread all over the kitchen table, when it should be my dinner... or a hooker.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I have gun spread all over the kitchen table, when it should be my dinner... or a hooker.
    Why are the welsh so obsessed with rugby when they're obviously no good at it?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Why are the welsh so obsessed with rugby when they're obviously superb at it?
    Fixed.

We are even better at FT than we are at rugby (well, young Jack Harris is, and he's from 'round here).

Get a Combro - cost next to nothing, and mine has never failed under any light or none

Well, I cleaned the sensors, shook it a bit, tried every 9v battery in the house - twice - then once I was totally mixed up over which batteries were old vs new - the bloody thing started working on it's own accord!

[] AL [] - [] AL [] - [] AL [] -

Stupid thing has put me literally hours behind schedule.

Now it's after 8pm and I have gun spread all over the kitchen table, when it should be my dinner... or a hooker.
    The last time mine did this it was the battery, Phil.

All okay now then?

Have you rung "Dial-a-shag" yet?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The last time mine did this it was the battery, Phil.

All okay now then?

Have you rung "Dial-a-sheep" yet?
    Yes Tone, they're engaged at the moment.

Yes Tone, they're engaged at the moment.
    Perhaps they've gone for new batteries?
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Perhaps they've gone for new batteries?
    I wonder can you still get those multi-purpose 9v mains power adapters - and would one set a Chrony on fire? ...

Worth a try, Maplins etc should have one cheap.

I wonder can you still get those multi-purpose 9v mains power adapters - and would one set a Chrony on fire? ...
    That's exactly what I did with mine...... dug out an old 9v DC power supply and spliced a standard 9v battery connector on the end of it, and job's a good 'un (I was forever leaving my Chrony switched on, draining the battery). Works a treat now

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"