Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Err2...

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Why are the welsh so obsessed with rugby when they're obviously superb at it?
    Fixed.

We are even better at FT than we are at rugby (well, young Jack Harris is, and he's from 'round here).

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Well, I cleaned the sensors, shook it a bit, tried every 9v battery in the house - twice - then once I was totally mixed up over which batteries were old vs new - the bloody thing started working on it's own accord!

[] AL [] - [] AL [] - [] AL [] -

Stupid thing has put me literally hours behind schedule.

Now it's after 8pm and I have gun spread all over the kitchen table, when it should be my dinner... or a hooker.
    The last time mine did this it was the battery, Phil.

All okay now then?

Have you rung "Dial-a-shag" yet?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The last time mine did this it was the battery, Phil.

All okay now then?

Have you rung "Dial-a-sheep" yet?
    Yes Tone, they're engaged at the moment.

Yes Tone, they're engaged at the moment.
    Perhaps they've gone for new batteries?
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Perhaps they've gone for new batteries?
    I wonder can you still get those multi-purpose 9v mains power adapters - and would one set a Chrony on fire? ...

Worth a try, Maplins etc should have one cheap.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Last time it played up like this, I left it outside in the sun for a few hours and hit it a couple of times. Sadly I don't know which thing made it work.
    Try both again
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Just a thought, Phil.

As yours is a fold up chrony, have you checked for a break in the wires to the rear sensor ?

If it is your actual sensor buggered I have a scrap Prochrono here we can rob next weekend if we need.

secretagentmole Guest

It is time....

To buy a Combro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    From the manual::

Err 2 shows on screen; the second sensor did not detect the passage of the bullet. Poor light or poor alignment.

I use the F1 indoors with a 21 LED Puck light below each sunscreen (held with magnets); quite consistent, but when the batteries run low Err2 comes up. Chrony on a tripod, gun rested and sighted onto a target to maintain the right height above both sensors.
    I have also heard that the unit responds more consistently if the gun is shot from about 3 feet from the first sensor and held at a slight downward angle. Whenever I try this method outside the unit works consistently and at other times , well lets say I have shot it twice but the damn thing is still working. Lighting level is its worst enemy indicating that perhaps the sensors are not all that sensitive.

A.G

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Best location for my F1 I have found is,

Muzzle at least 3 feet from F1 and shoot more than 6 inch above sensors.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    To buy a Combro!

...then shoot it

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    ...then shoot it
    ok

And an alignment tool!!!

I wonder can you still get those multi-purpose 9v mains power adapters - and would one set a Chrony on fire? ...
    That's exactly what I did with mine...... dug out an old 9v DC power supply and spliced a standard 9v battery connector on the end of it, and job's a good 'un (I was forever leaving my Chrony switched on, draining the battery). Works a treat now

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Doesn't help with the internal light set ups but ...

This time of year many start to have problems with the Chrony.

The slits above the sensors are quite narrow. This time of year the sun is at a lower angle to us in the UK. So the sensors struggle to get a reading outdoors.

Put a kitchen table chair on the lawn. Put a plank of wood against the chair so that the face of the plank is facing towards the sun. Put the Chrony on the plank ( put a screw in the plank and use the hole in the Chrony on the screw if you wish ). Shoot downwards and into the lawn ( replace lawn with box full of paper etc if required ).

Basically you are angling the sensors in line with the sun, so the Chrony is at an angle ( towards the sun ) and not parallel to the ground.

Dah Dah.

Or in Phil's case ... stop trying to re-use old batteries and go and get a brand new one.