Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Err2...

Err2...

...I am so sick of my Chrony right now.

Have you shot it?
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

No, I might do in a minute though.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Try shooting higher up through the middle.
    Master Debater

I know exactly how you feel - I've been trying to test a new toy today on a new Chrony and, all I'm getting is Err1 or Err2

All of the above.

Inside, outside, under what sort of lighting etc ?

It's a dull overcast day so try outside without the sunshades, about 4" above the sensors .

With and without sunshades, outside, inside, with the original Chrony lights or an 8000 watt tungsten lamp...

Err2 - Err2 - Err2 -

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    ...I am so sick of my Chrony right now.
    Me to, Phil --- but I'm married to her daughter so I can't do much about it.

From the manual::

Err 2 shows on screen; the second sensor did not detect the passage of the bullet. Poor light or poor alignment.

I use the F1 indoors with a 21 LED Puck light below each sunscreen (held with magnets); quite consistent, but when the batteries run low Err2 comes up. Chrony on a tripod, gun rested and sighted onto a target to maintain the right height above both sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel - I've been trying to test a new toy today on a new Chrony and, all I'm getting is Err1 or Err2
    Last time it played up like this, I left it outside in the sun for a few hours and hit it a couple of times. Sadly I don't know which thing made it work.

Last time it played up like this, I left it outside in the sun for a few hours and hit it a couple of times. Sadly I don't know which thing made it work.
    Well, there's no sun for me to leave it in at the moment but, I'm all for giving technical things a wallop when they're not working right

I've put mine away for now - I'll try a new battery later. Fingers crossed

Good luck with yours mate

All of the above.

A new battery usually helps but even a brand new battery can still give poor performance in cold weather.
    Err 2 is as stated before the second sensor not seeing the projectile, first check alignment, second clean the lens! I have found lead dust settling makes the sensors rather less sensitive no matter what light or battery condition.
    I only ever bother with my Chrony when I need a downrange velocity to assess BC of a pellet, it can be a royal pain to get a reading when shooting from a distance even with a rested gun carefully sighted against a target behind the Chrony.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Well, I cleaned the sensors, shook it a bit, tried every 9v battery in the house - twice - then once I was totally mixed up over which batteries were old vs new - the bloody thing started working on it's own accord!

[] AL [] - [] AL [] - [] AL [] -

Stupid thing has put me literally hours behind schedule.

Now it's after 8pm and I have gun spread all over the kitchen table, when it should be my dinner... or a hooker.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have gun spread all over the kitchen table, when it should be my dinner... or a hooker.
    Why are the welsh so obsessed with rugby when they're obviously no good at it?
    God rest ye jelly mental men