Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Err2...

Get a Combro - cost next to nothing, and mine has never failed under any light or none

Thank you, guys. Some helpful and informative comments above.

Tis interesting that a weak battery can, it seems, bring on the sensor errors (and it's annoying, as I believe there is a separate code for low batt').

I'll search in the garage for an old 9v transformer and my soldering iron.

I think that perhaps there's some truth in the theory that Chrony sensors do need 'conditioning' to the light, after being stored away folded up in the dark for an extended period.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Just a thought, Phil.

As yours is a fold up chrony, have you checked for a break in the wires to the rear sensor ?

If it is your actual sensor buggered I have a scrap Prochrono here we can rob next weekend if we need.
    Bless you, Mick.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Last time it played up like this, I left it outside in the sun for a few hours and hit it a couple of times. Sadly I don't know which thing made it work.
    ... then repeat, infinitely, until the bleddy thing works (or alternatively, maybe, just try some new batteries ??? ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... then repeat, infinitely, until the bleddy thing works (or alternatively, maybe, just try some new batteries ??? ) ...
    That's the thing though - after a frustrating evening of "-Err2- -Err2- -Err2-", I'd gone out the next day, like Radio Raheem, and bought top of the range Energiser batteries - and the bugger still wouldn't work... -Err2- -Err2-

I hope it's not alignment issues. When I said earlier that I haven't shot it - that was true - although somebody must have 'winged it' once, near the rear sensor.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    That's the thing though - after a frustrating evening of "-Err2- -Err2- -Err2-", I'd gone out the next day, like Radio Raheem, and bought top of the range Energiser batteries - and the bugger still wouldn't work... -Err2- -Err2-

I hope it's not alignment issues. When I said earlier that I haven't shot it - that was true - although somebody must have 'winged it' once, near the rear sensor.
    Oops!

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I've winged mine a couple of times.

And still it refuses to die!

Note to self :- must try harder, then I can get the family to club together and get my what I really want, a Skan, for Chrimbles.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Oops!
    Yeah, but once it starts working, for the rest of the day it works like a dream, indoors/outdoors, not a bit light-fussy.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've winged mine a couple of times.

And still it refuses to die!

Note to self :- must try harder, then I can get the family to club together and get my what I really want, a Skan, for Chrimbles.
    At the World Champs, we were using Air-Chrony MK3s on tripods, with the optional barrel rest brackets, Tone.

They were impressive machines, except they didn't like direct bright sunlight. But when it was shady or overcast - they were great.

If they're not too fussy indoors (?), I'd be tempted to get one of them next.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 25-10-2017 at 02:59 AM.

I'll certainly put one of those on my list for future consideration, young Phil.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

At the World Champs, we were using Air-Chrony MK3s on tripods, with the optional barrel rest brackets
    Probably explains why the springers registered well over power and pneumatics well down 25-30ft/sec

All led type chronos useless used out doors, the only one can trust to give an accurate reading is the Labrador.