Today I'm down in the basement... hold on for a second everybody isn't that where everything bad happens in the movies? In the basement. As far as I know nothing good ever comes from being in the basement which leads me to my story. Okay I'm down in the basement and I wanted to check how my soda can piston sleeve was doing. FYI to those who would like to know, so far so good. No scratching, no aluminum bits and pieces in the tube. And it is still keeping the "spring twang" down. Well last night I was talking to a gentleman who was very informative and knowledgeable in airguns especially springers. While I was picking his brain he told me about how easy the piston should slide down in the compression tube by its own weight and if you hold your finger over the transfer port hole you can hold the compression tube up and the piston will not fall out.

Okay so I tried it and it did not slide down the tube whatsoever without me giving it some help. So therefore I tried to resize the seal with some 400 grit sandpaper. It seemed like I was doing that forever because the it did not slide down by its own weight.

So here's the idiotic part. I decided to use a Dremel and take some material off the seal but idiot me took way too much. How much is way too much? It'll slide in the compression tube as fast as gravity will allow. Man I am so mad and upset with myself. I put the rifle back together and proceeded to see how bad the damage is. Funny thing is is that it's still grouping pretty good for 10 shots but there is a very noticeable difference in Recoil now. I hope I have enough bullseye bucks to get a seal from Pyramyd Air.

For those who may know what I'm going through, will it mess up the rifle if I continue to shoot it? I do not have a crony so I can not tell if it's shooting fast or slow or good or bad aside from what I have already told you. Thanks to all of you for being the shoulder to cry on at this time.