Thread: Information for sellers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Absolute rubbish!... No-one is forcing the seller to post the item!
    The only thing getting the item in the post is the desire of the seller to obtain a sale.
    Many start off preferring a F2F and who could blame them, but when no-one wants to drive over to Middle Dogdirt to collect it - the seller has 2 choices : withdraw the item and maybe try again later or accept an offer including postage.
    Either way it's the sellers decision to post and the seller is responsible for the item until its reached the buyer.
    This supported by law.

The only exceptions to this would be a clear acceptance in writing BEFOREHAND by the purchaser that any loss or damage would be theirs to bear or if the buyer arranged their own collection.
    Whoaaaa there...... you actually missed my point if they are the only buyer and cannot collect but insist they will have it only by post then the risk is surely theirs

fyi i recently advertised an as new prosport had folk pm`ing for it to be posted and my reply was errr NO if you want it travel if not it stays in the rack!!
    "The Countback kid always misses peg 1"

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Does the consumer rights act apply to a transaction between private individuals? It seems to me that a private sale of second hand goods is not a consumer transaction.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPistal View Post
    Whoaaaa there...... you actually missed my point if they are the only buyer and cannot collect but insist they will have it only by post then the risk is surely theirs

fyi i recently advertised an as new prosport had folk pm`ing for it to be posted and my reply was errr NO if you want it travel if not it stays in the rack!!
    No, I didn't miss your point at all...it was just plain wrong
    If a buyer insists they will only take it posted then the risk is yours unless...
    A) you get them to agree in writing to waive their rights to be compensated or reimbursed for loss or damage.
    B) they arrange their own collection.

The alternative is stick to a F2F sale as you did, but you've either got to be lucky or to able to offer something worth travelling for...