Thread: New pistol for the collection - Haenel 100

New pistol for the collection - Haenel 100

Jimmie, one of my favourite tiny pistols. Have rebuilt two and have enough spares to make another three.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Very nice. I haven't played around much with this one yet. Partly stripped it to work out what's under the hood. I find the trigger spring metal might be worn as the trigger is very stiff and mostly slips so won't fire it. What's your view on this?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Very nice. I haven't played around much with this one yet. Partly stripped it to work out what's under the hood. I find the trigger spring metal might be worn as the trigger is very stiff and mostly slips so won't fire it. What's your view on this?
    Jimmy, the trigger spring is a thin wire so I would not think the problem is there, but the sear has its own strong coil spring. Sometimes the little lever extension on the trigger is just worn enough not to trip the sear. Best thing is to remove the trigger and see if you can trip the sear to release using a thin screwdriver.

Baz

Notice,two grip styles

....one pinned and the other a 'slide-on'. ;-)

Yes. I noticed that too. Not just smooth versus chequered as my chequered is slide on whereas one of Baz's is pinned.

The grips are the parts most likely to be damaged, especially on the back corners. I am working on one at the moment I bought on here that has polished
    aluminium replacements. I am wondering if I should mill recesses in them to fit the Haenel badges. Could look nice when finished.

Baz