Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Knibbs books for sale.

John Knibbs books for sale.

I have two mint condition books by John Knibbs (both first editions) that I would like to sell and would appreciate any advice on the current value of them so I can offer them for sale at a fair price.

The first book is a 1986 first edition of "BSA and Lincoln Jeffries Air Rifles". There is a light pencil price written inside the cover that says:- £65. Presumably this is what was paid for it but it is very feint and could easily be removed with a pencil rubber. Other than this small mark the book is in perfect condition and looks like it has never been read.

The second book is a 2002 first edition of "The Golden Century". This book also looks like it has never been read and has no pencil marked price on it

Any helpful advice on realistic current values would be appreciated as I would like to get these two books put up for sale - and hopefully - see them go to a BSA collector/enthusiast who will really appreciate and enjoy having them.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

50p - and I will have them both.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

markets up and down , i sold one mint condition 1st edition back in january 2017 see my thread below

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....effries+Rifles

i sold mine for £75 posted , while researching sale prices and asking around i did find some that fetched good money but it's just hit and miss , if someone really wants it then they will pay a premium but on other hand you may ask for a premium and get no sale.
    back in january you were still able to by a new 1st edition copy from knibbs website at a cost of £350

regards Daniel.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have two mint condition books by John Knibbs (both first editions) that I would like to sell and would appreciate any advice on the current value of them so I can offer them for sale at a fair price.

The first book is a 1986 first edition of "BSA and Lincoln Jeffries Air Rifles". There is a light pencil price written inside the cover that says:- £65. Presumably this is what was paid for it but it is very feint and could easily be removed with a pencil rubber. Other than this small mark the book is in perfect condition and looks like it has never been read.

The second book is a 2002 first edition of "The Golden Century". This book also looks like it has never been read and has no pencil marked price on it

Any helpful advice on realistic current values would be appreciated as I would like to get these two books put up for sale - and hopefully - see them go to a BSA collector/enthusiast who will really appreciate and enjoy having them.
    Are you sure the £65 is a Kosher written price, and not a random unrelated scribble? These were still available mail order via Knibbs/Guns International for £29.99 no more than ten years ago when I bought mine from them at the same time as I bought my Golden Century from them, BRAND NEW, for £39.95?

Collectable books both, true, but imho, neither are worth much more than the prices they were ten years ago, with maybe an inflation related fiver up-lift, each, which is all I would expect to realise from mine, should I choose to sell them, as there are quite literally THOUSANDS of these in circulation. Hope this helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Town View Post

markets up and down , i sold one mint condition 1st edition back in january 2017 see my thread below

i sold mine for £75 posted , while researching sale prices and asking around i did find some that fetched good money but it's just hit and miss , if someone really wants it then they will pay a premium but on other hand you may ask for a premium and get no sale.
    back in january you were still able to by a new 1st edition copy from knibbs website at a cost of £350

regards Daniel.
    Kinnel !!! ... Thanks Daniel, as you can see from my post as above, I had absolutely no idea (you posted your thread while I was writing mine). What a nice surprise. May sell them now, after all lol ???

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 21-10-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: coz I can :-D

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

regards Daniel.
    And, I wouldn't mind betting that you can STILL buy the same first edition for £350! Lol.
    A couple of years ago, I sold my Copy of the Lincoln Jeffries book for £65. It too was a first edition.
    The Golden Century usually fetches a good price, but I can't claim to have any direct experience of that particular tome.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

regards Daniel.

So . I wasn't so far off then. [The offer still stands. ]
    For this amount of money I could get an interest in BSA. Lets admit it - I could even begin to like Wobbly pistols.

Good luck with the sale.

ATB
    Ian

TGC is an excellent reference work but prices can be up and down. A look through Completed Listings on t'bay night provide further food for thought. A realistic price is probably around the £65 mark.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks everyone - I will put them up for sale using your helpful guidance to determine the price.

I would like to sell the pair together - could be ideal for a newbie to BSA collecting - or a great early Christmas present for a BSA enthusiast who does not have either and would like a pair of first editions for £125 posted with "next day" delivery by DPD....but I would be happy to sell them both separately - no problem!
    Last edited by zooma; 22-10-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Are you sure the £65 is a Kosher written price, and not a random unrelated scribble?
    No I am not at all sure this is a Kosher written price - it was inside the cover when I had the book.

The only reason for mentioning it when asking advice on its potential value was to make sure it was noted and to make sure that any intending buyer of this otherwise mint condition (looks like it has never ben read) book would be aware of this faint pencil mark.

If it is a random unrelated scribble, the phantom artist chose an expensive book to lightly scribble in - but whoever did it does have nice tidy writing!

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    50p - and I will have them both.
    Very tempting - as long as you throw in that old CO2 Walther pistol you are keeping safe for me!

If it is a random unrelated scribble, the phantom artist chose an expensive book to lightly scribble in - but whoever did it does have nice tidy writing!
    Ha ha. Lol. Like it.

Both books are now provisionally sold

Both books are now provisionally sold
    Well done. Good skittles.

Very tempting - as long as you throw in that old CO2 Walther pistol you are keeping safe for me!
    .... and I was just dusting it off.

I love a happy ending.