Thread: Sheridan Cowboy Remington 1875 Replica Co2 Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I love shiny guns and have a few!

I like the looks ,size and big grips on the Crosman.
    I think they really need Crosman or Umarex co2 capsules as I have had piercing issues with others.

I don’t think it shoots as well as the Umarex Peacemakers but the weather closed in before I could get round to really testing them against each other.

I picked up a Crosman Remington this morning and am very pleased with it.After a plink in the garage with it and a general fiddle I'd say it's about as well made as the Umarex SAA, power seems to be pretty much the same and accuracy after a short plink seems to be about the same using the bb shells.

The Umarex shells seem a little better made than the Crosman Cowboy shells.

The pellet shells are identical to the bb shells with the exception of a pellet profile on the rim as opposed to 4.5mm etched onto the rim of the bb shells.

The supposedly dedicated pellet shell rear synthetic seats are too tight a fit for 7 grain Hobbys and several pellets failed to discharge from the shells.

I can't see the point of using pellets in the smoothbore barrel anyway,so I will only use the gun with bb's!

A worthy addition to the collection and later in the week I will head off on the motorway to get a Schofield.....

They do have a problem with some pellets.
    Ok with Gecos and Air Arms I found.

Good to know,Ill get some Gecos.....

Got some Gecos today,which allowed the pellet shells to work as intended in the Sheridan Cowboy,which groups them surprisingly well!

That's good Mark.
    Always my go to pistol pellet -good and cheap.

Work well in my PCP pistols as well.