Thread: Sheridan Cowboy Remington 1875 Replica Co2 Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    You need nickel to be the Milky Bar Kid.

The Schofields should reach us in December.
    If I read right the antique finish is pellet and the nickel bb.
    So you have two reasons not to buy the nickel!

I rather like the Cowboy.
    Shoots as well as the more expensive Umarexs.

Low and behold 'tis nearly here!

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/ai...4-5mm-bb/20476

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Thank you mrto that is fantastic news and a fantastic link. Looks like I'll be visiting the people at Pellpax imminently.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Thank you mrto that is fantastic news and a fantastic link. Looks like I'll be visiting the people at Pellpax imminently.
    Sod that, just phoned Pellpax, and pre-ordered and pre-paid for one to be delivered via their RFD delivery service (under £20, which imho is silly cheap). God bless the BBS and God Bless spontaneity lol. Went for the antique finished example with the ivory coloured grips (the BB shooter livery), rather than the deep blued example with wood effect grips (the pellet shooters livery). What fun. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sod that, just phoned Pellpax, and pre-ordered and pre-paid for one to be delivered via their RFD delivery service (under £20, which imho is silly cheap). God bless the BBS and God Bless spontaneity lol. Went for the antique finished example with the ivory coloured grips (the BB shooter livery), rather than the deep blued example with wood effect grips (the pellet shooters livery). What fun. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Excellent choice the antique finish and ivory grips is the one I will get,too..... when they arrive,(I'm a patient person)!

ATB.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post

Excellent choice the antique finish and ivory grips is the one I will get, too .... when they arrive, (I'm a patient person)!
    That's where we may differ slightly, then, coz quite clearly, I am not.

Going back to this thread's starting subject, the Sheridan, I have just had a good look at several fresh images of said Sheridan Cowboy Remington 1875s on line, and am not just saying this because I've since bought a Schofeld in one of the livery finishes I was after, but as I have just noticed that the Sheridan's have 'COWBOY' embossed on them as large as life above the pistol grip (which does nothing to arrest my 'Cap Gun' comment of earlier), unfortunately, as the entrepreneurs of Dragons Den would say: "Sorry, I'm out".

In the USA this revolver is marked Remington and 1875 but UK versions have Sheridan and Cowboy.
    I’m guessing this is because in the UK Remington have a marketing deal with SMK and this is a Crosman product.

The UK markings don’t dominate the gun which is a good shooter and a lot cheaper than the 7 1/2 inch Umarex.

I’m not keen on the Schofield lettering on the barrel of that gun but my view is if that’s the way they make them you put up with it or pass.

When you are shooting you don’t normally read the markings on the gun much!

Yippeeee! PellPax called today to say my Schofield is in, and to arrange a delivery day via their courier. Have opted for Sat 16th. Expect a frothing fevered-pitch post sometime that afternoon.