Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheridan Cowboy Remington 1875 Replica Co2 Pistol

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post

Yeah,they were great weren't they and amazing you still have yours!In fact,the cap gun manufacturers of our youth exhibited far more imagination in their designs than the likes of Umarex or Crosman seem capable of!

If only Lone Star were still in existence and making co2 bb guns what wonders would they dream up I wonder!lol

After all, it's all imagination and make believe, anyway isn't it!?
    wot !!! ... You mean 'The Virginian' wasn't real, and I wasn't one of the goodies in a big white hat ??? I think you'll find you are very much mistaken, my fine fiend, very much mistaken indeed !!! (err ... did that psychiatrist ever show up ??? ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Wink cowboy

hi ya all ,have you tried pellets in the bb shells yet if so how have they performed.ye haa.ride em cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by ljgolf View Post

hi ya all ,have you tried pellets in the bb shells yet if so how have they performed.ye haa.ride em cowboy.
    Hi. Have tried pellets in my BB Peacemaker Pistol and my BB Webley Service Revolver with no mechanical issues, but similarly, worsening accuracy (pellets seem too erratic when let fly through a smooth bore barrel), so as pellets cost SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than BBs, as an alternative ammo experiment, I'm done.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Sod that, just phoned Pellpax, and pre-ordered and pre-paid for one to be delivered via their RFD delivery service (under £20, which imho is silly cheap). God bless the BBS and God Bless spontaneity lol. Went for the antique finished example with the ivory coloured grips (the BB shooter livery), rather than the deep blued example with wood effect grips (the pellet shooters livery). What fun. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.
    Yippeeee! PellPax called today to say my Schofield is in, and to arrange a delivery day via their courier. Have opted for Sat 16th. Expect a frothing fevered-pitch post sometime that afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    In the USA this revolver is marked Remington and 1875 but UK versions have Sheridan and Cowboy.
    I’m guessing this is because in the UK Remington have a marketing deal with SMK and this is a Crosman product.

The UK markings don’t dominate the gun which is a good shooter and a lot cheaper than the 7 1/2 inch Umarex.

I’m not keen on the Schofield lettering on the barrel of that gun but my view is if that’s the way they make them you put up with it or pass.

When you are shooting you don’t normally read the markings on the gun much!
    Whoever the jerk at Crosman is who decided these guns would be improved with Cowboy written on them, deserves gelding.

1875 is bad enough, but Cowboy? For God's sake.

People buy these guns partly because they want authentic replicas of famous firearms.

Similarly I would never buy a Swiss Arms or Remington 1911 because of the stupidly large lettering on them.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Be prepared to lose hours of your time as you revisit your childhood. This web site is one of my favourites. How many did you have?

http://www.nicholscapguns.com/
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

[QUOTE=Paul55;7388261]Be prepared to lose hours of your time as you revisit your childhood. This web site is one of my favourites. How many did you have?

Well who would have guessed it !
    And just wasted a half hour of my life!
    Don.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post

Well who would have guessed it !
    And just wasted a half hour of my life!
    Don.
    Ditto, but imho, both our half hours were far from wasted (lol). Thanks to Paul55 for the link.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Really glad you enjoyed it guys
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Some of those vintage Western cap guns would make great Co2 guns!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of nickel / chrome finishes unless it's on an old 19th century air gun. Like the Pope, Eureka, Quackenbush era. I'd much rather a blued gun.

Anyway, I wrote a review on the Sheridan if it helps you to decide...

http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/rev...eridan-cowboy/

I love shiny guns and have a few!

I like the looks ,size and big grips on the Crosman.
    I think they really need Crosman or Umarex co2 capsules as I have had piercing issues with others.

I don’t think it shoots as well as the Umarex Peacemakers but the weather closed in before I could get round to really testing them against each other.

I picked up a Crosman Remington this morning and am very pleased with it.After a plink in the garage with it and a general fiddle I'd say it's about as well made as the Umarex SAA, power seems to be pretty much the same and accuracy after a short plink seems to be about the same using the bb shells.

The Umarex shells seem a little better made than the Crosman Cowboy shells.

The pellet shells are identical to the bb shells with the exception of a pellet profile on the rim as opposed to 4.5mm etched onto the rim of the bb shells.

The supposedly dedicated pellet shell rear synthetic seats are too tight a fit for 7 grain Hobbys and several pellets failed to discharge from the shells.

I can't see the point of using pellets in the smoothbore barrel anyway,so I will only use the gun with bb's!

A worthy addition to the collection and later in the week I will head off on the motorway to get a Schofield.....

They do have a problem with some pellets.
    Ok with Gecos and Air Arms I found.

Good to know,Ill get some Gecos.....