Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sheridan Cowboy Remington 1875 Replica Co2 Pistol

Got some Gecos today,which allowed the pellet shells to work as intended in the Sheridan Cowboy,which groups them surprisingly well!

That's good Mark.
    Always my go to pistol pellet -good and cheap.

Work well in my PCP pistols as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Whoever the jerk at Crosman is who decided these guns would be improved with Cowboy written on them, deserves gelding.

1875 is bad enough, but Cowboy? For God's sake.

People buy these guns partly because they want authentic replicas of famous firearms.

Similarly I would never buy a Swiss Arms or Remington 1911 because of the stupidly large lettering on them.
    I agree. When I saw the first adverts for these they had 1875 (for the American market I was later informed) written on them which I could just about live with, but not COWBOY.
    Totally ruins the image. As said, most folks want authenticity, not cap gun graphics.
    Having a conversation with a mail order/delivery company employee, he told me that several potential customers had expressed this opinion, but to wait a while as Remington were allegedly going to release their own version.
    As an aside, I've been a fan of Westerns since I were a lad and if anyone is interested Manolito Montoya in the "High Chapperal" carries one of these.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Butt View Post

As an aside, I've been a fan of Westerns since I were a lad and if anyone is interested Manolito Montoya in the "High Chapperal" carries one of these.
    Hi Ed Butt and welcome to the forum. Yep there are a couple of us big kid Western fans on here, so you are far from alone (lol). To this end, take a look at gingernut's thread entitled Schofield in this section, particularly post 29 though to 33 (although all posts on said thread make for a jolly good read), and you will see what I mean. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I think the Cowboy writing is a result of Remington having a marketing deal with SMK in the U.K.

Crosman not allowed to sell a product marked Remington 1875 as they do in the USA?

It would be nice if other companies could do a rebrand deal with Wingun (?) and produce them in a variety of finishes.

But Crosman is such a big company it may have a deal with the manufacturer that forbids this.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Ed Butt and welcome to the forum. Yep there are a couple of us big kid Western fans on here, so you are far from alone (lol). To this end, take a look at gingernut's thread entitled Schofield in this section, particularly post 29 though to 33 (although all posts on said thread make for a jolly good read), and you will see what I mean. Atb: G.
    Hi Gareth,
    Thank you for the welcome. Yes, a good read. As for more models, I'd really like to see a 1847 Colt "Walker" as used by Clint Eastwood in the Outlaw Josey Wales, an 1851 Colt Navy with the octagonal barrel and a Buntline Special with the optional shoulder stock. I can but dream......
    Peace through superior firepower

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Butt View Post

Hi Gareth,
    Thank you for the welcome. Yes, a good read. As for more models, I'd really like to see a 1847 Colt "Walker" as used by Clint Eastwood in the Outlaw Josey Wales, an 1851 Colt Navy with the octagonal barrel and a Buntline Special with the optional shoulder stock. I can but dream .....
    Yes an 1847 Colt would be good, wouldn't it? Like your profile picture btw, so maybe I should find a Wild West type image for my Avatar, instead of the bouncer doing the Vulcan salute that I currently have, too (so watch this space lol ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.