Thread: FX Typhoon, any good ?

FX Typhoon, any good ?

Have the chance of a wooden stocked one in .22. Now I don't need one, but the only reason I'm tempted is I've never owned a FX rifle. So opinions please chaps

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    My plastic one was light enough to shoot like a pistol, 5lb iirc. It did over 100 shots per charge and was the most accurate rifle I'd ever had. It was a .22 with smooth twist barrel
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Sounds promising. Did they all come with smooth twist barrels Nick ? if not do you Know what the change over date was ?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I don't know? When I bought it I made sure with the seller that it was the Lothar Walther barrel as smooth twist was getting such a slating. The groups at the club were astounding and all the greybeards were nodding knowingly and muttering about the superiority of the LW barrels.
    It was only when I stripped it to fit a reg that I looked in the barrel and found it was as smooth as a babys bum!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

creed Guest
    I have an older one in .177 single shot.
    I bought it about 4/5 years ago and was told it wasn't that old (still in it's box).
    It doesn't get huge use but I've found mine to be accurate and the walnut stock is pretty.
    Depends on the price,I suppose and whether it fits.
    Good luck.

I think it's an oldish one, but it's new old stock.

Got 2, both 0.177 - one an oldy with a L/W barrel, the other a new one with a S/T barrel, both are as accurate as each other and will hit a half inch spinner at 50 meters consistently, not had any problems with either (the oldy has had a lot of use - enough to wear the bit where the probe handle locks back into so unless a little careful when loading, it'll just lift and slide forward a little) and it's had a 'Webley' stock fitted at some point in its history - before I bought it, anyway.
    S/T came onto the scene about 2 years ago, maybe a little earlier.

typhoon

I got one of these not long ago i think it was new old stock as well came in its box its the same as the solo mine is 22 nice and light shame the mag kits are no longer made

I had an older .177 Typhoon (Serial# fx 9024), probably with the LW barrel, and it had a Rowan-type index-yourself-type mag fitted. Nice lightweight gun it was. Sort of reminded me of an S200 crossed with an S400, but a bit nicer.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 23-10-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: detail

Yes that was the mag you could get for them. i think there was lack of demand if you needed more than one shot at a time buy a t12

Well not the one I was initially going to get, but got one none the less. Nice dark stock, silencer and the mag system fitted and in .22, will take it to the farm through the week to try it out. Love the weight, or lack of it