Thread: Daystate renegade

Daystate renegade

Anyone got one and what's their thoughts on it please.

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrianbob View Post
    Anyone got one and what's their thoughts on it please.
    Had one in .177 and traded in because I couldn’t get on with the big hold over/under because of height of scope on the high rail and also there is no warning whatsoever when the battery that works the trigger mech goes flat ! Not very good when you are on a pigeon ,squeeze the trigger and ....nothing.you could carry a spare with you at all times I suppose but because I didn’t know about the battery life (very short on mine)once it didn’t fire I had to leave my permission early and drive 25 miles home with rifle cocked and pellet in breach because there’s nothing you can do . daystate could have put an audible warning or even a tiny led to let you know ! not very good for a £1200 pound rifle.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Had one in .177 and traded in because I couldn’t get on with the big hold over/under because of height of scope on the high rail and also there is no warning whatsoever when the battery that works the trigger mech goes flat ! Not very good when you are on a pigeon ,squeeze the trigger and ....nothing.you could carry a spare with you at all times I suppose but because I didn’t know about the battery life (very short on mine)once it didn’t fire I had to leave my permission early and drive 25 miles home with rifle cocked and pellet in breach because there’s nothing you can do . daystate could have put an audible warning or even a tiny led to let you know ! not very good for a £1200 pound rifle.
    Seeing as there is no anti double load on a Daystate all you had to do was pull the bolt back, remove the magazine and then use a rod to remove the pellet! I know you should not have to, but if you forget to check your charge the day before shooting you have to so carrying a set of cleaning rods makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    ...... so carrying a set of cleaning rods makes sense!
    No it doesn't. These sort of items are kept in the gun assessories cupboard, along with others.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    No it doesn't. These sort of items are kept in the gun assessories cupboard, along with others.
    So how do you cope with an "Oh dear I double loaded it!" accident in the field then. I always carry a set of cleaning rods with me for such an eventuality. Please note, those who own a Hatsan or HW pcp are exempt!

Seeing as there is no anti double load on a Daystate all you had to do was pull the bolt back, remove the magazine and then use a rod to remove the pellet! I know you should not have to, but if you forget to check your charge the day before shooting you have to so carrying a set of cleaning rods makes sense!
    You’ve got all the answers haven’t you !!!! Carry a set of cleaning rods !who does that ? check battery charge before going !!! All good advice ! But You have to remove the stock on a renegade to get to the battery then remove battery check the power (if you have one of those power checking thingys)put back or replace battery then replace stock and then recheck zero ,because I for one wouldn’t trust remaining on zero once stock bolts and stock have been removed . It’s just poorly thought out by daystate probably to save a few quid . And at £1200 + like I said could have wired in an led or audible warning .

So how do you cope with an "Oh dear I double loaded it!" accident in the field then. I always carry a set of cleaning rods with me for such an eventuality. Please note, those who own a Hatsan or HW pcp are exempt!
    Or a RENEGADE as you CANT double load it ,once rifle is cocked and pellet indexed you can’t load again until rifle has been fired.another thing that use to bug me was if you left safety off for a certain amount of time it use to reset itself so you had to put catch back on and then off before firing again ! Its a safety thing I know but still caught me out a couple of times . I really wanted to like the renegade but too many things niggled me . This is only my opinion and I am sure many love there renegade .I have gone back to a hw100k in .20 .and love it

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    You’ve got all the answers haven’t you !!!! Carry a set of cleaning rods !who does that ? check battery charge before going !!! All good advice ! But You have to remove the stock on a renegade to get to the battery then remove battery check the power (if you have one of those power checking thingys)put back or replace battery then replace stock and then recheck zero ,because I for one wouldn’t trust remaining on zero once stock bolts and stock have been removed . It’s just poorly thought out by daystate probably to save a few quid . And at £1200 + like I said could have wired in an led or audible warning .
    No you check the battery by plugging the charger in and switching on, a green light on the charger means all charged and ready to go, a red light means it needs charging. Not very difficult and as far as I am aware it does not mean the removal of the stock!

No you check the battery by plugging the charger in and switching on, a green light on the charger means all charged and ready to go, a red light means it needs charging. Not very difficult and as far as I am aware it does not mean the removal of the stock!
    Plugging the charger in !!!! To where ? As I said I’ve actually had a renegade and mine never had a charging socket anywhere .I had to remove the stock to get to the battery .

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Renegade batt not rechargeable and it would be silly to use a rechargeable batt without a socket to recharge it, as the capacity would be much less.

The manual does not state which type of PP3 to use, though the non-rechargeable lithium (expensive) ones would seem to be the ones to use.

http://www.daystate.com/manuals/Puls...andbook-V3.pdf

secretagentmole Guest
    Well perhaps people should try listening to the gun.....

Copied from the manual....

"The renegades electronic trigger is