Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2017 - GRAND FINALE RESULTS

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT 2017 - GRAND FINALE RESULTS

Hi All

For the very last time in 2017, I post results from the SIHFT, this time to show how those who came along this morning to our Grand Finale, combined with the Sussex Fifty Open, fared.

HUGE thanks to Simmo and the Buxted crew for hosting the Finale and putting out a very challenging 25 peg/50 target course to test us - which it certainly did. It was mostly to UKAHFT rules (look away, Sparky, nothing to see here ), just with 20 extra targets and zero positionals ..... all because Andy can't hit a barn door while kneeling or standing.

The wind certainly did its best to 'play' with our lead but, mostly, the sun shone on us and the food was good too.

Here are the results, requiring a shoot off for 1st place and countback for 3rd in the Open Class
    Name Club Score in Finale Class Position
    Justin Rayner Buxted 92 Open 1 After shoot-off
    Andy Simpson Buxted 92 Open 2
    Mike Byford Oaks 91 Open 3 On count-back
    Mike Burgess Swallows 91 Open 3
    Kevin Hills Buxted 91 Open 3
    Kevin Catt Meon Valley 90 Open 6
    Mark Rackley Ford 87 Open 7
    Mike Barkus Buxted 86 Open 8
    Richard Chase Ford 85 Open 9
    Howard Kalisch Buxted 85 Open 9
    Kevin Wickson Buxted 84 Open 11
    Nigel Buchan Buxted 83 Open 12
    Vince Guy Swallows 83 Open 12
    Kevin Maw Buxted 83 Open 12
    Graeme Cargan Oaks 82 Open 15
    Charles Peal Oaks 81 Open 16
    Justin Roberts Ford 81 Open 16
    Jon Newton-May Buxted 80 Open 18
    Mike Seagrave Meon Valley 80 Open 18
    Ivan Edmiston Buxted 79 Open 20
    Spencer Bailey Buxted 78 Open 21
    Steb Martinez Ford 78 Open 21
    Simon Whittick Horsham 77 Open 23
    Paul Bradford Buxted 76 Open 24
    Kevin McMenamin Visitor 76 Open 24
    Gary Morrison Buxted 75 Open 26
    Anthony Smith Horsham 74 Open 27
    Richard Nightingale Oaks 72 Open 28
    Greg Wilmshurst Swallows 71 Open 29
    Dan Hawes Iden Fern 68 Open 30
    Roy Pearce Iden Fern 66 Open 31
    Darren Purnell Buxted 65 Open 32
    Keith Paddington Horsham 61 Open 33
    Chris McGinness ? 57 Open 34
    Doug Falcon Oaks 54 Open 35
    Charles Upstill Horsham 53 Open 36
    Aaron Friend Oaks DNF Open
    Paul Wilson Buxted DNF Open
    Josh Purnell Buxted No Card Open
    Jean Greatrex Maldon 82 Ladies 1
    Ally Stewart Oaks 56 Ladies 2
    Abigail Maw Buxted 88 Junior/Primary 1
    Harvey Friend Visitor 68 Junior/Primary 2
    Connor Leonard Iden Fern 66 Junior/Primary 3
    Gary Chillingworth Maldon 89 0.22/Recoil 1
    Nick Byrne Visitor 81 0.22/Recoil 2
    Russ Conner Buxted 78 0.22/Recoil 3
    Pat Fitzgerald Ford 77 0.22/Recoil 4
    Roger Dibbens Buxted 74 0.22/Recoil 5
    James Dawson Buxted 60 0.22/Recoil 6

Apologies to Chris McGinness who, booking in a tad late, we failed to record the club you're a member of.

In the Sussex Fifty prize draw, Pat Fitzgerald won the Air Arms Goodie Bag and Richard (I never win anything) Chase the Compair Magazine subscription.

And truly finally (apart from handing out Trophies to the already known winners of the SIHFT individuals and team) ... with the selection of personally numbered Mentoes "balls", we held the 2017 SIHFT prize draw for ....

1. A specially engraved SIHFT 10th Anniversary Air Arms S400. This was won by a very happy Gary Morrison,
    2. £100 went to Vince Guy,
    3. £50 went to Mark Rackley, and
    4. £50 to Jean Greatrex

Congratulations to everyone who took part, whether shooting and/or helping run 'stuff', throughout the whole year.

We look forward to doing it all again in 2018 and expect we'll see a bunch of you in the almost-with-us Southern Hunters which starts with a return to Buxted on Sunday 5th November. Best get your wet/mud/snow proof gear out and in shape for the winter.

All the best

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 22-10-2017 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Change of class for Russ Conner
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

That was huge fun! The most enjoyable course that I have ever shot at Buxted ("Thanks, Simmo!), great weather, excellent company in the form of messrs Catt & Seagrave, and first-rate catering courtesy of Mandy all made for a very fitting end to what has been a superb summer of SIHFT shoots.

Thank you to all the clubs, Charles, Mike, all the marshals, and everyone else involved in making the SIHFT Series happen; roll on 2018! 😎

Buxted open 50/SIHFT end of season!

That was a brilliant day! Thank you to Buxted for setting a challenging prone course (at least I didn't donut a free stander)!!! Great fun, and the wind decided to play along too!!

Special thanks to Nigel and Justin for being my shooting partners - we had a laugh and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!!! (or was it that Chilly and Vince were on the peg behind us?!!)

It's been a brilliant season and I've thoroughly enjoyed all the shoots that I managed to do, even surprising myself on the wins I've had!!!!

Thanks to all the clubs for putting on some great shoots, I know how much hard work goes into course setting, and dismantling.

Not forgetting Charles and Biggles who do most of the booking in and sorting out the scores - thank you.

Roll on 2018 series - and the invasion from various other parts of the country!!!!

Looking forward to the Southern Hunter series - only 2 weeks away?!!!
    Jean
    M.A.D./AIR ARMS team. Spirit of HFT 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    That was huge fun! The most enjoyable course that I have ever shot at Buxted ("Thanks, Simmo!), great weather, excellent company in the form of messrs Catt & Seagrave, and first-rate catering courtesy of Mandy all made for a very fitting end to what has been a superb summer of SIHFT shoots.

Thank you to all the clubs, Charles, Mike, all the marshals, and everyone else involved in making the SIHFT Series happen; roll on 2018! 😎
    Here, Here Nick and we can't forget the super generosity Air Arms gives in supporting the SIHFT.

Thank you Air Arms
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Just like to say a big thank you from all at Buxted to Mike and Charles for doing all the boring (made even more so by Biggles droning on, see what I did there, at every round, hope the Fat Contoller wasn't too late today) admin so well through out the series.

Big well done to all the winners.

See most of you I hope through out the winter at the Southern Hunters the friendliest winter HFT series going.

Still think no positionals is the way forward. Chieftan Rules.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

If i had known it was a competition i would have tried harder!...

Well done to all the winners, in all the classes!

What a lovely series SIHFT is!

Thanks to Russ for coming in fancy dress.....

Great banter luvvit!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

On behalf of myself and Harvey a massive thankyou to charles mike and everyone involved in another great SIHFT. Superb series as always. Great day today even if i only shot a 3rd of the course chiropractor tuesday should have me fighting fit for the shs well done to all class winners top shooting and congrats to buxted on the series win well deserved.
    Cheers to cargs for his patience and the encouragement of Harvey in his first Sihft its appreciated. We are looking forward to shs

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post

Thanks to Russ for coming in fancy dress.....
    Don't diss our team colours just because you lost, much better dressing as a pirate rather than a Brighton narse bandit.

Oh the fat club said yes any time as long as you aren't hungry.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Don't diss our team colours just because you lost, much better dressing as a pirate rather than a Brighton narse bandit.

Monkey
    Kev said if his wife would have let him he would have worn his. In the North.

Monkey.

What a day! First time out with my new gun, which performed beautifully. Sadly I forgot the aim points on my new scope after about 30 shots as old age fatigue set in. This despite Steb printing, photocopying and laminating them for me, so I had no excuse for not actually consulting them.

My thanks too to Charles, Mike and people like Simmmy who show us the way in course setting.

Poor old Pat's gun developed a leak and ran out of air, so it was just as well he won the Air Arms goody bag which I immediately raided to the extent of 1 tin of pellets and then won the CompAir subscription.

I'm on the way back up I tell you

Sorry I can't do round 1 of SHS (as I'm down in Cornwall) 'cos the bug is itching

Beardy the re-invigorated
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    people like Simmmy who show us the way in course setting.
    Rat a tat a tat 59. For the nicest bloke who drinks as much as me in HFT. (Flucck this is turning into a love in, where is Byford when you need a suck).

Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post

Monkey
    I think they are very fitting, unlike your waterproofs lardy!

I ain't hungry, i beat a fox off of an old deer carcase by the roadside, can't beat a nice bit of roadkill.. yum! oofs were a bit tough!

I have always said Buxted are a bunch of 'bandits' so the uniform, sported by li'l 'ol Russ was quite apt (if a bit tight..)

Can't believe you beat me!...
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Lol

Cracking course , cheers Mr. Simpson ...... BIG thanks to Charles and mike for all they do with the Organising stuff .
    i only had an average shoot but getting a second place in the Recoiling behind Chilli , again I'll take all day ... springers are definitely the way forward lol

Bloody good laugh with my team of helpers, Mr Hills and Mr McMenamin ... along with Mr Byrne and Mr Edmiston .

And yes Mr Byford good banter is what its all about , unfortunately for you I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent , a man with such little wit, and so few friends, you had to have a pork chop tied to your leg just so that the dogs would play with you !

You seem a very angry person Mike , like a man with a very small fork , in a world full of soup, a man in so much pain you'd think he'd just shit a Lego deathstar.

There there , it'll be ok .

Great result for Buxted HFT Get in there lads and lasses

Peace .
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Cracking course , cheers Mr. Simpson ...... BIG thanks to Charles and mike for all they do with the Organising stuff .
    i only had an average shoot but getting a second place in the Recoiling behind Chilli , again I'll take all day ... springers are definitely the way forward lol

Bloody good laugh with my team of helpers, Mr Hills and Mr McMenamin ... along with Mr Byrne and Mr Edmiston .

And yes Mr Byford good banter is what its all about , unfortunately for you I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent , a man with such little wit, and so few friends, you had to have a pork chop tied to your leg just so that the dogs would play with you !

You seem a very angry person Mike , like a man with a very small fork , in a world full of soup, a man in so much pain you'd think he'd just shit a Lego deathstar.

There there , it'll be ok .

Great result for Buxted HFT Get in there lads and lasses

Peace .
    Russ those meds must be real rubbish if you cant see he has a small dick in relation to a fork. A very small barbie fork.

Monkey

Gutted I missed this, and the last shoot as well grown up stuff does get in the way of proper enjoyment a lot I'm finding!
    Top shooting Jelly
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016