Thread: Another recent addition to the collection. A second variant Webley and Scott Tempest.

Another recent addition to the collection. A second variant Webley and Scott Tempest.

http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/man...tagram-photos/

Kempton Park has a lot to answer for!

Nice photos and interesting info on the date. My head is always in a spin trying to work out all the dates that various Webley products were introduced. I am not a Webley fan, only own one premier pistol, but like working on them.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/man...tagram-photos/

Kempton Park has a lot to answer for!
    Hello Jimmie,

I have a couple of boxed Tempests in both calibres which perform just as well as the earlier all steel pistols, but I still much prefer the feel and appearance of the older models.

Probably an age thing.

Regards

Brian

I only have the older Tempests so couldn't compare. I have no urge to buy the newer ones despite their looming collectability status. I do agree though, the tempest is very nice.

Thumbs up #1

Hi all,
    My first input on this amazing site. I have just lately become very interested, at age 74, in the webley and scott line of pellet pistols. As I'm a living in the US they do appear rarely on , and im proud to say that i have just acquired a pristine model Tempest at a reasonable price. I am informed by the seller it is a 1979 issue.

If any other members have any reliable info or facts about this gun I am all ears/eyes!

Thanks

Overjetta

I have (I think?) all the series of tempests produced in both calibres apart from Beeman marked ones but I do have a pair of serial numbered post 1981 ones without the pentagon 'f' mark. To me, the Turkish manufactured ones are equal to or slightly better than the originals, but then again , they are not 'real' Webley's.
    I converted a pre 1981 model to .20 years ago and that is very sweet shooting but not quite as accurate as the .177 versions, they definately have an advantate over the .22s which I put down to the shorter time the pellet stays in the barrel.

I have read or been told that a few were produced in .25 and would love to get hold of a factory original. One I converted was a bit of a howitser and I couldn't temper the barrel sufficiently to get it to stay straight for more than a couple of hundred shots so that calibre was abandoned

Quote Originally Posted by Overjetta View Post
    Hi all,
    My first input on this amazing site. I have just lately become very interested, at age 74, in the webley and scott line of pellet pistols. As I'm a living in the US they do appear rarely on , and im proud to say that i have just acquired a pristine model Tempest at a reasonable price. I am informed by the seller it is a 1979 issue.

If any other members have any reliable info or facts about this gun I am all ears/eyes!

Thanks

Overjetta
    Hello,

Welcome to forum where we freely share our collective knowledge of all things relating to collectable air guns. We have a few members from the USA who contribute regularly to keep us up to date with their activities and latest acquisitions. Don't be afraid to chip in and talk about your own what I'm sure will now be a growing collection.

Webley air pistols are a good starting point with many pre-war and post-war variants to choose from even if you don't live in the UK.

The first thing to do is get a copy of this book which is still considered the bible for Webley collectors and covers the full range of these iconic air pistols.

Let us know how you get on when you get a chance to shoot your Tempest.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    I have read or been told that a few were produced in .25 and would love to get hold of a factory original. One I converted was a bit of a howitser and I couldn't temper the barrel sufficiently to get it to stay straight for more than a couple of hundred shots so that calibre was abandoned
    A few tempest 25's, less than 10, were produced as apprentice pieces rather than as a useful shooting implement, and the one I had is now with another collector and will no doubt appear in a forthcoming Webley Air Pistols book, when it eventually appears, but no publishing date is yet in sight.

Not quite sure what the point of a .25 Tempest would be......surely not enough power.
    Although as a collector I’d like one.
    Must admit once the problems are sorted it’s a great shooter 😍

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

Welcome to forum where we freely share our collective knowledge of all things relating to collectable air guns. We have a few members from the USA who contribute regularly to keep us up to date with their activities and latest acquisitions. Don't be afraid to chip in and talk about your own what I'm sure will now be a growing collection.

Webley air pistols are a good starting point with many pre-war and post-war variants to choose from even if you don't live in the UK.

The first thing to do is get a copy of this book which is still considered the bible for Webley collectors and covers the full range of these iconic air pistols.

Let us know how you get on when you get a chance to shoot your Tempest.

Brian
    I thank you for the book info as I have just ordered a copy.