Thread: AA S200 multishot Rowan or AA

AA S200 multishot Rowan or AA

Hi

what is the best converter 10 shot ? AA or Rowan engineering ?
    Thx

AA as I’m sure the Rowan one has to be indexed by hand

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Re

What he said,I've never seen the point ov the rowan one,that you index by hand

S200

If the AA one is set up correctly it should be trouble free.
    Rowan is a bit awkward and is hand indexed. Bit of a pain.
    I first bought the Rowan as it's a few mm lower. (to clear my lower scope)
    Last edited by Peter Dunkley; 24-10-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

AA conversion

the AA one needs to be set up very well to work in the correct way without faulting, years ago when i put one on my S200 i set up with push bolt locked in and then screw in stud/screws carefully, maybe buy some LT 1 pellet lube off , a little spray every few 100 pellets to keep mag and workings lubed and on pellets

I've used both AA as auto indexing
    Ro as hand indexing
    I prefer hand indexing as some of my pellets seem to
    Be slightly longer not all and fit th RO better but realy and truly there's nothing between them may be the RO one will last longer who knows I'll be long gone by then I would say both are as good
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I've got the AA one on my S200 - been going for years now, only once requiring taking off and cleaning (simple job).
    Not tried the Rowan one - but a manually indexed one seems kind of pointless to me...

I use the AA one and have had no problems with it. A little care in setting up and they can be really smooth in action. Lightly lubing the magazine 'o' ring occasionally, helps too.

Uttings are doing Air Arms S200 magazine kit at
    £74.99 plus postage
    Ro are on sale £63.99 plus postage
    So not much difference there think it boils down to auto loading which can't be beaten if you are a Hunter
    Or if you are just shooting paper and don't want to load as a single shot you have the RO one the choice when it comes down to it is yours. I'm not judging either one as said I have both and what the other members have said is true Me I'm very happy with both.
    As said one for hunting one for paper.
    From frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

I took the AA one of my S200 since it has a habit of shredding probe seals.
    Also lost my patience after AA quoted me for a spare part, then refused to sell it to may and directed me to a re-seller to buy a whole new unit.

Rowan is a great bit of engineering, just less convenient with the manual indexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    I took the AA one of my S200 since it has a habit of shredding probe seals.
    Also lost my patience after AA quoted me for a spare part, then refused to sell it to may and directed me to a re-seller to buy a whole new unit.

Rowan is a great bit of engineering, just less convenient with the manual indexing.
    The seal shredding issue may have been caused by the magazine indexing mechanism not being quite spot on, so the probe was shaving the bores through the magazines? I think we had that problem once and remedied it by adjusting the indexing on the mechanism. I think I spotted by seeing that the probe was just rotating the magazines slightly when pushed forward. Once adjusted it was fine and the probe seal lasted for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    The seal shredding issue may have been caused by the magazine indexing mechanism not being quite spot on, so the probe was shaving the bores through the magazines? I think we had that problem once and remedied it by adjusting the indexing on the mechanism. I think I spotted by seeing that the probe was just rotating the magazines slightly when pushed forward. Once adjusted it was fine and the probe seal lasted for ages.
    Hence why i requested a spare part (was a worn top clamp).
    Not paying £75 for a whole new assembly when the molded plastic cube i need is only about £3, seems it's only available when you have the rifle manufacturer serviced though.

Only paid £125 for the rifle with the multi-shot conversion, still serves well with over 100 shots a week in single shot since i bought a tray for a whopping £1

Rowan still get my vote, it's a shame it wont self index but the build quality is exceptionally good.