Thread: BSA Superstar Thumbhole?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

BSA Superstar Thumbhole?

I've just aquired one of these, was it an option from new, or was the stock bought afterwards?
    Just wondering cos I'm trying to put a value on it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Superstar

Seems there was a thread a few years back about a T/H Superstar. Looks like CS made them back in the day. Hope that is a little help? Mach 1.5

I bought one of those stocks out of Target Sports Bargain bucket and ( with a little modification ) fitted it to my supersport ! think it cost me about Fifteen Quid and it was walnut and had never been fitted on a rifle

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Seems there was a thread a few years back about a T/H Superstar. Looks like CS made them back in the day. Hope that is a little help? Mach 1.5
    Thanks.
    It's a CS800, I know they have made stocks for various British manufacturers over the years which is what made me wonder.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I bought a Theoben tuned .177 Superstar off a BBS member many years ago, it had a CS thumbhole stock fitted, I think it was a CS700, it had a Theoben drop in gasram fitted to it and had had the barrel shortened and a silencer with undercatch housing fitted (like what's on the HW97) but it was so inaccurate, someone begged me to sell them the stock so I ended up selling the whole rifle to him.

I also remember seeing a Supersport with a CS500 fitted but when I asked Custom stocks a couple of years ago they denied ever making any of their range for BSA springers.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in