Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our chaps on the telly, tomorrow morning!

Our chaps on the telly, tomorrow morning!

Please set your televisual recording devices to capture the 'This Morning' show on ITV tomorrow morning, between 10.30 and 12.30.

Airgun World's Rosie Barham and her son, Dave Barham, will be putting the case for grey squirrel control and airguns in general, in a debate with a couple of PETA advocates. Amanda Holden and Ben Shephard are the hosts, and Rosie and Dave have been told that things 'could become quite lively'.

Our side has done its homework and I'm fully confident that they'll put our case positively, responsibly and factually. Common sense is on our side, although that's not always the deciding factor as we know, but it's always better to be in the right, than not.

Those behind the scenes at 'This Morning' have been made aware of the facts regarding airguns and the law, plus more of the same in relation to our current grey squirrel problems. We've done our bit, I assure you, and it will be interesting to see how the truth of this matter is treated. Let's remain hopeful for a fair shake.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Might record it just for Amanda Holden.

Thumbs up

I'll record that - thanks for the heads up.

Her cook book is fantastic - it'll be good to see the lady in action.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    A clear case for pest control. .

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Please set your televisual recording devices to capture the 'This Morning' show on ITV tomorrow morning, between 10.30 and 12.30.

Airgun World's Rosie Barham and her son, Dave Barham, will be putting the case for grey squirrel control and airguns in general, in a debate with a couple of PETA advocates. Amanda Holden and Ben Shephard are the hosts, and Rosie and Dave have been told that things 'could become quite lively'.

Our side has done its homework and I'm fully confident that they'll put our case positively, responsibly and factually. Common sense is on our side, although that's not always the deciding factor as we know, but it's always better to be in the right, than not.

Those behind the scenes at 'This Morning' have been made aware of the facts regarding airguns and the law, plus more of the same in relation to our current grey squirrel problems. We've done our bit, I assure you, and it will be interesting to see how the truth of this matter is treated. Let's remain hopeful for a fair shake.
    Only if there were a vacine available for emotional blackmail. I will be watching it and I hope that I won't have to swear for obvious reasons. Thanks Terry.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Only if there were a vacine available for emotional blackmail. I will be watching it and I hope that I won't have to swear for obvious reasons. Thanks Terry.

A.G
    Indeed. I will have to wait and find it on a catchup. I eagerly await the comments on here though.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Tied a Knot in the barrel of my HW 80 just so I won't forget !
    “An airgun or two”………

I was going to say that

I hope it is filmed outside and cold

Its just a shame they have the idiots from PETA on they are complete idiots for gods sake they sued a man for the rights to a picture of a monkey !!!!
    it would even have been better to have RSPCA reps on there and that's saying something
    NO way are PETA going to be able to have a rational view i think its going to be overly emotional on there part and bad for the sport on ours
    BAD idea in my humble opinion

Thats the problem, PETA is more interested in their "crusade" than animal welfare or conservation management. They really do have an alternative view that frankly is disturbing and alien to the natural world. Not only do I find it disturbing but actually harmful. Its not helping conservation or animal welfare, because its too alternative and something only "human's" could think up.

I'm all for good conservation and thoughtful management.

I'd like to know how PETA would deal with head lice?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    BAD idea in my humble opinion
    OK, so we just leave the stage clear, on national TV, for PETA to spout its crap uncontested? Plus, the viewers are told, 'we invited representatives from the airgun sports to take part in this debate, but they declined.'

Seriously, do you think that would have been a better idea?
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    OK, so we just leave the stage clear, on national TV, for PETA to spout its crap uncontested? Plus, the viewers are told, 'we invited representatives from the airgun sports to take part in this debate, but they declined.'

Seriously, do you think that would have been a better idea?
    I think giving PETA a platform is a bad idea iv had experience with them I nearly had to fight my way of a campsite because i had a BASC sticker on my car !!!! they are irrational idiots and if there was no one there to represent shooting why would they come on the show
    I dont think they would run it without someone to contest their point and i think that would be for the best , just my opinion
    I do think Dave and rosie are the right choice though the cooking and eating of what we shoot is very important and its always good to see Dave's big grin in the mag definitely more camera friendly than some of the lads in the mags

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    It's half term, so I'm off tomorrow to look after my youngest while stopping his older siblings from killing themselves ( only today I found two of them hurtling down the stairs astride a spare plank of laminate flooring ), so I will be around to watch and support it.

Not going to bet on a fair hearing, however, as the comfy jumper brigade with their penchant for nut cutlets and bigoted ignorance oft shout the loudest (hollow vessels spring to mind), but at least it's not on the 'Looney Lefty' BBC, so a fair argument from our side may run unhindered? If it doesn't, at least I'll have Amanda in my living room for the duration. Good luck and best wishes to the AGW crew of two: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I hope it is filmed outside and cold
    Bloody hell great minds think alike