Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our chaps on the telly, tomorrow morning!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post

Bloody hell great minds think alike
    Lol. Missed that one from our Binners when I first scanned this thread -- must've been having a senior moment (lol). Yep, me too. Brrrrrh.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Think its "break a leg." I think its time that the shooting sports stopped hiding. Don't care if the odd mistake is made, just shows what a colourful bunch we are.
    True there are some odd views amongst us, but hiding and not confronting some equally whacky views out there, then how is there going to be change and acceptance?

Confront idiotic ideas when its obvious that they are. Doesn't matter what they are. Get it out in the open and good arguments will win through. No one like cruelty, but PETA's ideas can be very cruel due to lack of management and no conservation constructive input. PETA's ideology is highly flawed in concept.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I think giving PETA a platform is a bad idea ...
    ITV gave them the platform, not us, and don't think for a second PETA would decline the chance to push their agenda on national TV because we refused to contest the issue.

No, accepting our chance to put across the truth is the right thing to do. Giving the antis a walkover, most definitely isn't.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    ITV gave them the platform, not us, and don't think for a second PETA would decline the chance to push their agenda on national TV because we refused to contest the issue.

No, accepting our chance to put across the truth is the right thing to do. Giving the antis a walkover, most definitely isn't.
    Completely correct, and the right call.

Thanks, TD, will be watching this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post

l have to agree with Terry on this one. with not being there makes the public think that the other side are right. l just hope that they say what damage the greys do and the thret that they are to our native red. we need more debates like this to get our views over as long as we have the right people doing it.

Here we go ... It's on NOW.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Well ... went quite well but all a bit King Canute ...

The presenters and the two pro shooters sort of overpowered the wee American lass ...

but ...

Poll ... Would you hunt squirrel and feed them to your family .. 21% in favour and 79% against.

I suppose the wording is key ... that's different from ... do you think people should shoot grey squirrels with air rifles. I'd have liked to have seen that poll. The debate seemed to be biased towards food and what is acceptable to kill and eat rather than air rifles and air rifle hunting.

The PETA girl's argument seemed to be if something is alive and doing us no harm then we shouldn't be killing it. Live and let live etc.

It's always a tough one ... Just what life do these folk think is acceptable to kill?
    Last edited by bozzer; 25-10-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Here we go ... It's on NOW.
    Well that's it, short and sweet (like Amanda ).

Well done Barhams!

Despite the TV poll, I think Mum n Son did us proud. The poll may have been different had it been on Pigeon but, win win for me

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Well done Barhams!

Despite the TV poll, I think Mum n Son did us proud. The poll may have been different had it been on Pigeon but, win win for me
    It went well, I thought. The PETA lady was a tad tragic and the presenters were fair. Yes, well done our team!
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

I missed it but when I explained to my son, who has a cat and doesn't like guns or shooting, what was going on he asked me if it was PETA? I said yes it was and his answer " they are a bunch of ******* idiots ". Well that says it all.

A.G

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    And the Pate smelt like well....... Pate !
    “An airgun or two”………

Vegetarianism

Very well done to the Barhams!

Seemed to me that the PETA woman was trying to promote vegetarianism full stop, which I think diluted her credibility.

Her comment about eating cats & dogs was nicely knocked back by Ben Shepherd who provided some good comments and fair play to him for trying the pate

It's on again now ITV + 1