Thread: Uberti miniatures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Uberti miniatures

On a recent visit to Brighton I saw some Uberti miniature pistols in WH Westons store. They are expensive, and I mean EXPENSIVE! But they are cool in a 47% of the real thing kinda way, but they are expensive.

I have a Pietta Colt 1851 in .36 in France and was toying with getting the blank firing version as a display piece for the UK, but the scale ones are starting to tempt me.

Someone please talk me out of it!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I have a Uberti Colt peacemaker blank firer .38 which I paid around £400.00 for about 9 years ago. It is seriously a thing of beauty and quality. I can bring it to the boinger bash if you would like a gander!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I have a Uberti Colt peacemaker blank firer .38 which I paid around £400.00 for about 9 years ago. It is seriously a thing of beauty and quality. I can bring it to the boinger bash if you would like a gander!!
    Ooh yes please! Although I fancy the 5 1/2" steel 1851 to match my black powder gun, the function of the blank firing 1873 is more authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    On a recent visit to Brighton I saw some Uberti miniature pistols in WH Westons store. They are expensive, and I mean EXPENSIVE! But they are cool in a 47% of the real thing kinda way, but they are expensive.
    Someone please talk me out of it!
    Did you know they are expensive?

Seriously, I wouldn't view Uberti miniatures as any sort of investment like most others, they are produced in too great a number.

I have a miniature Colt revolver (though I never quite figured out what model) maker unknown, that will only ever increase in worth.

Quote Originally Posted by magicesperanto View Post
    Did you know they are expensive?

Seriously, I wouldn't view Uberti miniatures as any sort of investment like most others, they are produced in too great a number.

I have a miniature Colt revolver (though I never quite figured out what model) maker unknown, that will only ever increase in worth.
    I never considered it as an investement, just a toy. I like to have them to fiddle with occasionally, I like the clicks and clunks. Firing my black powder 1851 ruins it, it gets all grubby and smelly!

Absolutely right. I think my Uberti is still exactly the same price as when I bought it. Although not a brilliant investment mine is on display at home and inevitably my boy will inherit it when I pop me clogs!!!

Mine does not exactly match any original Colt I can find, makes me wonder it it is a miniature of a replica perhaps.

What do the panel think? https://www.flickr.com/photos/819672...posted-public/

Quote Originally Posted by magicesperanto View Post
    Mine does not exactly match any original Colt I can find, makes me wonder it it is a miniature of a replica perhaps.

What do the panel think? https://www.flickr.com/photos/819672...posted-public/
    It looks close to an 1860 barrel......

But that is drop dead gorgeous!

That is indeed beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It looks close to an 1860 barrel......

But that is drop dead gorgeous!
    You are weakening,I can tell.

I bet you get one before the year is out.