Thread: Baikal MP-46M Valuation

Baikal MP-46M Valuation

What's the value of a Baikal MP-46m these days,

I've noticed that they had risen dramatically in price new, Well over £400 This one is in lovely condition, nicely stippled grip, very little use, hard case and tools, paperwork etc

An amazingly accurate pistol however it's really not getting any use due to me having a 162ei, not desperate to sell but may consider it if the price makes it worthwhile.

Thanks
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

I just sold my as new Izzy which was in original box with all the bits and paperwork for £250 posted and the recipient was very happy with his purchase.....hope this helps.
    Regards, Eric.

Around the £250 mark posted for one in VGC has been typical, but the cost of a new one has risen by 50% from £275 to £417 . The previous price was a bargain, the recent price not quite so much, as the Izzy is somewhat of marmite gun due to its appearance and action. Having said that there are not many (any?) other SSP pistols at the current price that match its performance. Taking the 2/3 rule of thumb might readily justify a value around £275 posted, and yours also has a case.

I suppose it boils down to “it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it”.
    I didn’t advertise mine, I answered a wanted ad on here and named the price I wanted. The buyer was happy with that price and was very happy with the pistol when he received it but he may have paid a bit more for all I know.
    Anyway, it gives you a guide.
    Incidentally, mine wasn’t cased, it was just in the original genuine Russian cardboard box.
    Eric.

Thanks guy's, It's mint and had VERY little use, Think it'll be a case of "if the right offer come's along I'll sell otherwise I'm happy to keep this one, It is a bit or a marmite gun, I just happen to really like the balance and weight and oddly like the somewhat agricultural look of it. I had 2 ssp's at the time and sold my FWB in favour of the 46m which I shot better.

thanks again
    Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Thanks guy's, It's mint and had VERY little use, Think it'll be a case of "if the right offer come's along I'll sell otherwise I'm happy to keep this one, It is a bit or a marmite gun, I just happen to really like the balance and weight and oddly like the somewhat agricultural look of it. I had 2 ssp's at the time and sold my FWB in favour of the 46m which I shot better.

thanks again
    Nige
    Nige,....checked today’s wanted ads.
    Eric.

I can confirm the IZH-46M I bought from Eric is an absolutely superb gun. I can shoot every bit as well with it as I ever have with Steyr/Morini/FWB (I’ve had them all). I love the look of it and how ‘Russian’ it is! The one Eric sold me was in mint condition and will be my match pistol from now on. Eric was a pleasure to deal with too.........but I would have probably paid more for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric fwb 65 View Post
    I can confirm the IZH-46M I bought from Eric is an absolutely superb gun. I can shoot every bit as well with it as I ever have with Steyr/Morini/FWB (I’ve had them all). I love the look of it and how ‘Russian’ it is! The one Eric sold me was in mint condition and will be my match pistol from now on. Eric was a pleasure to deal with too.........but I would have probably paid more for it!
    WHAT!!!. Oh well!
    Eric.

Nige
    Your PM box is full
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Please conduct any business on your 'wanted' thread, Mr V-Bull.

Valuation thread rules apply here.

OK.......
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.