Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'd Like That One Back...

I'd Like That One Back...

So, which three rifles that you've actually owned in the past do you wish that you'd never parted with - and why? Here's my selection...

1) .177 Theoben Countryman Carbine - complete with custom stock, Q/Ds, DampaMount and 6x45. The most expensive rig that I've ever owned, easily the most accurate rifle that I've ever owned and the one that I regret parting with the most.

2) .22 HW35 - complete with that infamous 'click'. My first Weihrauch, light years ahead of my BSA Mercury in build quality and accuracy. Rose tinted specs, maybe - but nevertheless, it's on my list.

3) .177 Sharp Innova - yes, I know it's a pfffttt-gun, but it was so light and handy and accounted for an awful lot of quarry back in the '80s.

Your turn....

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    So, which three rifles that you've actually owned in the past do you wish that you'd never parted with - and why? Here's my selection...

2) .22 HW35 - complete with that infamous 'click'. My first Weihrauch, light years ahead of my BSA Mercury in build quality and accuracy. Rose tinted specs, maybe - but nevertheless, it's on my list.

Your turn....
    Still available, brand new. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=9

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=12

[Sorry I miss read the title. I thought you said 'Id Like That One Black.' ]

For me its a BSA Mercury S I sold NO-CITY in a moment of madness.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

My BSA XL Lightning Tactical. joking of course
    My AA S400 I regretted selling it the 3 or 4 times I sold it some how or other it always seems to find its way back. I will keep it this time

I did have a beautiful walnut TX mk2 many years ago, I really wish that one was still mine

Also a HW45 Silver Star.

TX 200 SR in a tiger stripe walnut stock
    FWB 300 S.
    My first Original 45.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I can only think of one which was my first Fenman .22 with a nice Hyeuda stock.
    It didn't shoot any better than the two Fenmans I now own but it was one of the few guns I ever bought new in this case from Fawcett's in Lancaster in the late 90's.
    I grew attached to it but needing funds for another project, I sold it to a fine Gentleman on here (not known at the time) some time later.
    So if anyone has it, serial no. 12400 I'd love to arrange a sale !
    “An airgun or two”………

secretagentmole Guest
    Me?

Daystate Mk 3 .177, the quietest gun I have ever owned.
    Theoben Rapid mk 1 .22, the gun I had rebuilt to my tastes.
    BSA Super 10 mk 2, but I would need an FAC for that one, it was running a tad warm shall we say....

My 2 Sheridan pumpers -- a Blue Streak and a Silver Streak -- both sold because at the time I needed the money.

A Jackal Woodsman with the very stubby barrel -- it had a hell of a muzzle crack but I really miss that short carbine.

A mk1 Bsa Superstar .177,A big regret, AA 400s with lovely tiger stripe walnut stock.
    Les..

An airarms Hi-power i had sapped for a radio scanner

. it had a laser in the foregrip that shone through a small hole in the end of the fore grip. a full length gunpower moderator that fitted under the foregrip plastics o it looks like a bull barrel.it had an SLR sling fitted too. it had one piece mount with a 3-9x50 nikko scope amd a "genuine" US swat rifle bag from the US and A. i also had an aimpoint SLR sight for it in the bag ok it looked waltish but i loved it . i fitted gas ram into it also .it shot well but took a good time to get it shooting at 11.5ftlbs. once i got it shooting good i was out with it everyday.

thn Dunblane happened and i lost my permission at the old quarry as the owner then turned anti gun . i only shot targets then ,no live quarry .

then one day a guy at work came in with a radio scanner that picked up the police and planes and almost any other thing that used the radio waves and i swapped him. i tried to swap back after he had came back from his holidays and and he had had it taken off him or so he says .

loved that rifle . we were out with it one day and guy with a hw77 started calling it a toy . it shot as well as his hw77 .maybe he was a crap shot

i bought a hw45 im .177 a few years before it and i kept it till 2003. i gave a workmate a shot of it and never got it back . i left the job and a moved up here and had forgotten i had let him borrow it. it was 2006 before i remembered . i contacted him and told im to keep it . wished i had not as i had got back into shooting then .

Like back

My Feinwerkbau Sport 124 Mk2 Deluxe with Left Handed stock that I had to sell years ago to help with moving costs 🙁

Cheers

Mark

.22 Diana Air King I bought from "Minty" above.I don't know what I was thinking when I sold it!!

ATB.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Three? Hmmmm. Let me think. Ok, here goes. Definitely my walnut stocked .22 Dagenham made Sterling HR81 (not a perticularly good shooter, but as an engineer, the pleasure for me was in the owning of such a superbly built bit of British kit); thinking about it, would also love to have back my genuine Brum-built walnut stocked SFS tuned .177 Webley Longbow (simply gorgeous in every department), and to ad a third, if it became available at a realistic price, would quite like my 'Original' Mod 45 in .20 back, too (one of the nicest straight from the box 1980s break-barrels I have ever shot -- and trust me, I've shot a few lol) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    and to ad a third, if it became available at a realistic price, would quite like my 'Original' Mod 45 in .20 back, too (one of the nicest straight from the box 1980s break-barrels I have ever shot -- and trust me, I've shot a few lol) ...
    I was in two minds whether to select my old .20 45 for third place, fitted with a Weaver V4.5W-1 in Sportsmatch mounts - highly effective squirrel and rabbit medicine using H&N Hollowpoints...

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post

I was in two minds whether to select my old .20 45 for third place, fitted with a Weaver V4.5W-1 in Sportsmatch mounts - highly effective squirrel and rabbit medicine using H&N Hollowpoints...
    Yep, these are the mutts danglies, aren't they.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

My big regret was

HI, My big regret was a FX Cutlas 22cal wan]llnut stock loved it, and the latest was a Daystate MK 4 177cal problys the best air gun i have shot and supper accrit it whent back to my mate who it came off, and a few otheres that was realy good,ATB bob.