26 41.94%
  • Old fashioned Diamonds

26 41.94%
  • Grind it off and stipple the SOB

5 8.06%
  • Other/Neither/Pie

5 8.06%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whats wrong with fish scale checkering on the TX?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I have just had a stock made for my TX200. Deliberately ordered no chequering. The whole technique of shooting a springer is not to grip it.
    Plus I love the look of wood grain

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Yes Barry.. I love that pattern... I like a fleur des lis also...
    i have both but looking at that pic i think side by side the mark 3 takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I have just had a stock made for my TX200. Deliberately ordered no chequering. The whole technique of shooting a springer is not to grip it.
    Plus I love the look of wood grain

Pete
    couldnt agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    That’s because it’s done with a CAD laser (albeit within about 2 minutes).
    This is exactly the reason why it annoys me.
    Had some craftsman laboured over it with a chisel, then I could possibly ignore it a bit easier - but it’s simply a pattern crammed into a program and then smashed out sharpish.
    I can understand it’s quicker and far cheaper to use a laser - but why not have some simple, tasteful patterns? The overly intricate patterns that lasers are able to cut - and designers therefore feel the need to exaggerate, actually make it look talentless and snide.
    I know mate but, I really don't mind that

I do appreciate a nice bit of custom chisel work done by a craftsman but, I guess the laser cut could be construed as a sign of the times. I'd actually like to watch the stocks be done.

Also, off topic slightly, I do smile a little when I pick up my favourite springer and see 'Made in England' stamped under the nice deep bluing, as I hold it by the Italian stock and prepare to put a pellet down the German barrel

All of the above.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the scrolls and scale TX look cheap and tacky.....like a badly done tramp stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I know mate but, I really don't mind that

I do appreciate a nice bit of custom chisel work done by a craftsman but, I guess the laser cut could be construed as a sign of the times. I'd actually like to watch the stocks be done.

Also, off topic slightly, I do smile a little when I pick up my favourite springer and see 'Made in England' stamped under the nice deep bluing, as I hold it by the Italian stock and prepare to put a pellet down the German barrel
    like most things ,its down to money . cheaper to buy in than make them yourself in almost all cases.