Thread: Jimmie Dee reviews the Crosman Sheridan Cowboy / Remington 1875 air pistol...

Jimmie Dee reviews the Crosman Sheridan Cowboy / Remington 1875 air pistol...

Hope you do an article on the Schofield, the only revolver I fancy out of all the current and previous offerings.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    A very interesting 'warts-n-all' review. Thank you.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Hope you do an article on the Schofield, the only revolver I fancy out of all the current and previous offerings.
    Me too. I have an antique finish (with off-white Ivory grips) Schofield BB pre-ordered to arrive the day after they are 'officially' release (end of Nov iirc), and even though I adore my antique finish Colt SAA 45 Peacemaker, of these Western style Co2 pistols, it is the pending arrival of the Schofield which has excited me the most (can't wait), so even though, in theory, I will already be holding mine before you get a chance to review a Schofield, I, too, would like to read your words on the subject when one has been made available to you, so as to compare notes.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I did what Jimmie did and went straight to pellets in my Sheridan -seems the obvious choice.

But I wonder if this is a bb pistol with pellets added for higher sales.

My Sheridan dislikes some pellets to the point where it won't fire them- eg fine with Gecos no good with H&N.
    Probably a size/shape thing I guess.

So next time at the range I'm shooting bbs for comparison.
    I already know that fps appears higher with bbs.

As far as pellet/bb accuracy in Umarex Peacemakers is concerned I have bb versions that are more accurate than pellet versions.
    And these guns are not really going to be used as target pistols are they?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

... I already know that fps appears higher with bbs.

As far as pellet/bb accuracy in Umarex Peacemakers is concerned I have bb versions that are more accurate than pellet versions.

And these guns are not really going to be used as target pistols are they?
    Agree 100% with everything as quoted (and am gambling speculatively, that the same will ring true with my Schofield when it arrives, too).

If I can get hold of a Schofield I would be happy to write an article on it for you.